Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Old 08-25-2018, 02:57 PM   #16
TipsyGoat

Quote:
Your tile and the glass must be EXACTLY the same size to do what you are proposing.

We JUST got all the tile in today. We knew the glass was going to be smaller in size but we were told by the tile installer at the store that we could use a larger grout line around the glass. Do you disagree with that. Would it look stupid....compromise anything...be impossibly difficult to do, etc.

We did not realize that the glass tile has a shallower depth than the ceramic. At the showroom they were the same. Very slight difference. So slight that kerdi on the back of the glass would be too much. I think just the kerdi band on the back would bring it to the same depth.

I am not hellbent on this pattern but I'm having trouble convincing my husband at the moment lol
Old 08-25-2018, 08:36 PM   #17
Davy
Moderator -- Mud Man

The difference in size will determine if it will look okay or not.

www.davystephenstile.com
Davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:23 AM   #18
TipsyGoat

Once we got all the tile we laid it out on the table and ended up scrapping that pattern because it was hideous anyway. So we're just doing a straight horizontal band of glass where the niche is.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase