Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 02-16-2004, 09:08 AM   #1
maradri

diy projects -shower pan replacement

this will be my first posting. I hope you could help us with our DIY projects. We are buying a house but we need to do some changes and repairs. 1. shower pan replacement.... an inspector noticed water leakage outside the house when he run the water (from the master shower). The inspector told us that we need to replace the shower pan. my hubby would like to try to do it by himself. We borrowed a book (Black and Decker The complete guide to Bathrooms) and of course we read the article of John re: shower pan replacements. I would like to know if can we do it by ourselves... or do we have to leave it to the pro. we are considering to replace/rebuilding the whole shower. If we need to hire a pro - how much would it be? thank you so much....
maradri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-16-2004, 06:29 PM   #2
Davy
Moderator -- Mud Man

Hi Maradri, welcome. We have helped many folks re-build their showers, it's all doable. Check out the liberry on shower construction, learn all you can and come back here to ask questions, we'll be here.
Davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2004, 07:20 PM   #3
BigDog4All

Yes, you can do it. All the answers can be found here. The most important part, the people here have a wealth of knowledge. More than most books. You can ask a question in the AM, and within a few hours, your answer is posted.

I did my first bath / shower....You can follow it, if you want. I am in the final stages now.....One thing....I under estimated the total time.

Read here....

http://johnbridge.com/vbulletin/show...?threadid=8880
BigDog4All is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase