Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 03-27-2007, 08:56 PM   #1
ChrisRobertsTile

Exclamation 10" Wet Saws, Felker vs. DeWalt?

Hello,
My tile business has been going very well for me lately and I am now ready to spend a little cash on a professional 10" quality wet saw, but am torn between the Felker and DeWalt. The DeWalt I don't think has been around for more than about five years but I have used one before and liked it, and the Felker has been around for many years now and it has an excellent reputation for being a wonderful, professional wet saw, which I have also used a few times and liked it. So one important thing that I am taking into consideration is the warranties for both of the saws. The Felker has a 2 yr factory warranty and the DeWalt has a 3 yr factory warranty. The other things are weight and noise. The DeWalt is about 75lbs. and the Felker is 115lbs. The DeWalt is a direct drive motor and the Felker is belt driven and would be initially quieter.(Of course until you run a piece of tile through it, in which it would make quite a bit of noise). Lastly, both of the saws are between 900 and 920 dollars so there really isn't a price issue. I would really appreciate any replies from people who know from experience and could give me their opinion on which one is the better choice. Thank you very much, Chris Roberts / Roberts Tile
ChrisRobertsTile is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 03-27-2007, 09:41 PM   #2
Jason_Butler
Tile Setter

Hi Chris,

I own alot of Dewalt tools and none have ever failed me. I also own a Felker Tilemaster wet saw that has never failed either. I've not used the Dewalt and have heard great reviews on it but for the money, it would be very hard to beat the Felker.

Felker's motor is second to none, years of field tested use, a simple yet repetable sliding table, and plenty of power. No bells and whistles for the Felker - just a solid saw that will likely outlast my knees and back.

For a professional, I'd go Felker

Jason
Unread 03-27-2007, 10:19 PM   #3
ChrisRobertsTile

thanks

Thanks for the advice Jason, I really do appreciate it especially because this is a pretty big purchase.
ChrisRobertsTile is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase