Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 02-04-2019, 06:12 PM   #1
bmadsen

Trying to find matching tile--where to look??

I put in some 16 x 16 ceramic tile about 5 years ago. Now I'd like to tile the room next to this tile and I want to buy more of the same tile. I can't find it. I think I bought it at Menards. The only information I have is part of the box that says "Spartan" and 16x 16. Where can I look and find some? Thanks.
Unread 02-04-2019, 06:48 PM   #2
jadnashua
Veteran DIYer- Schluterville Graduate

STAR Senior Contributor

Sometimes, trying to find the same tile even later the same year is nearly impossible. This is especially problematic if you're trying to do a repair, as even when the 'style' may still be available, it is almost certainly from a different lot which may have slight (or greater!) variation in color or pattern, even if it's a solid color.

Hopefully, you get lucky...don't count on it. Color and pattern choices change over time. Something that complements what you have is a more reliable choice.
Not a pro, multiple Schluter Workshops (Schluterville and 2013 and 2014 at Schluter Headquarters), Mapei Training 2014, Laticrete Workshop 2014, Custom Building Products Workshop 2015, and Longtime Forum Participant.
jadnashua is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2019, 07:02 PM   #3
cx
Moderator emeritus

Welcome, Mike.

I'm afraid our long term record of finding out of date tiles is rather poor even when we know what they are and have photos for folks to see. More information might be helpful, such as whether this was a glazed or unglazed, tile, a porcelain tile, textured, etc, and at least a photo of the face of the tile. A photo of the back is frequently even more helpful.

I see Menards still lists a Roca Tile Spartan, so perhaps someone there might know what they would have had five years ago. I wouldn't get my hopes up very high, though, were I you.

Might have a look at the sticky thread in our Buy/Sell/Trade forum that says Discontinued Tile Seekers for a bit more information.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2019, 08:36 PM   #4
Raymond S
Carpenter - Tile Setter

Three years for a tile is old. Rarely see one available after that.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase