Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 06-07-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
jacobi

good learning videos?

Hi all, I've lurked for a while, and now have the confidence to give tiling a shot. I'm above average handy, having worked construction for a long time, but that was all rough framing and exteriors. I'm not a great "touch" guy - but have long admired the guys working inside who can finish a job with final finish touches. I figure the only way to learn is to jump in on my own place.

I've got a bathtub replacement I'm taking on, which should be pretty basic. Pull out old tub, put in new, tile up about 5 feet from the new tub. I got John's book - and have started to read it.

I wanted to ask you all - what videos do you like? I know HD is frowned on a little bit, but this video here: HD Video

has so far been the best comprehensive "here's what your experience will be like", giving a good idea from soup to nuts of the process. I'd love to watch more, with different takes, approaches, and tips. Any suggestions?? I figure this crowd has probably found the gems out there.

Last edited by cx; 06-07-2010 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Link to video
jacobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 06-09-2010, 02:22 PM   #2
frogabog
MostlyMama

Send a message via Yahoo to frogabog
YouTube...

There's a few good videos on youtube, lots of basic tiling videos and some specific ones that gave us a number of "ahhh ha!" moments to cherish.

Some seem ok with general information here and there... some are obviously without merit. My favorites are the professionals who care enough to set up a camera and carefully explain the right way to do it (or how NOT to do it, those make the biggest impression).

I am still looking for a video of someone actually setting hex tile but it doesn't seem like anyone cares quite that much about hex. wah

gueuzeman's youtube videos are cool. After recognizing his name from this forum (cuz I search and search and he always posts!) I watched them all even if they didn't pertain to my project. Good stuff there gueuzeman.

Gimme gimme more gueuzeman!

If you're gonna kick a pine cone... consider shoes!
frogabog is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase