Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 04-15-2021, 06:17 AM   #1
Amsmith592

Help on backsplash please

New member here so thank you for this outstanding readout response to hopefully help me in my install. I have standard 3/6 subway tiles for a backsplash and I need some recommendations to make the termination around a window up to the bottom of the cabinets,most appealing. As you can see in the pictures the tile didn’t March out equally and when I progress up the wall near the window the left side will have a greater gap then the right as it stops on the corner of the framed window. Thought about some trim to terminate it into to reduce the gap but I was just hoping you guys that have encountered this can give me the best non as noticeable solution. Thank you everyone for helping
Attached Images

Unread 04-15-2021, 08:31 AM   #2
Carbidetooth
Hmmmmm

Were it me, I'd remove the apron under the sill and just run full height tiles there. It's going to be an awkward grout joint there to that rounded over apron.

I'm not sure I understand the other question, but if there's room on the window frame, you could wrap tile onto jamb and die into window frame.

FWIW, I've installed many a sink window sill fabricated from stone or quartz. It's better suited for the wet environment around sink and more similar to the characteristics of tile in terms of durability.

Silicone (not silicon) Sealant Ranger
Carbidetooth is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase