Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 03-29-2021, 05:02 PM   #1
DBB

Drop In Tub & Kerdi Board Surround

Trying to remodel a tight bathroom. The new drop-in tub has no wall flange, of course, but the deck it sits in pretty much puts the lip of the tub up to the studs, which means the Kerdi-Board surround will sit directly on the tub's lip. This is a tub with shower situation.

I could have sworn I saw a Kerdi instructional video detailing an install like this where the board sits in a bead of Kerdi-Fix, but for the life of me I can't find it. I only see nice and neat, standard alcove tubs-with-flange videos.

I've called Kerdi and they had me reach out to the local Kerdi rep - apparently they are more well-versed on installation methods. I've not yet heard back.

Any advice on something like this, or links to some installation material or methods? I saw the J Bridge Kerdi book, but saw nothing in the table of contents that might address this.
Unread 03-29-2021, 09:23 PM   #2
Kman

Welcome back, DDB.

Do you have a picture of the tub, or maybe a link to it?

You can probably get an after-market flange to mount on the tub. I wouldn't want to rely on a bead of sealant in a shower situation.

The top ten reasons to procrastinate:

Kman is online now   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase