Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box

Sponsors

Unread 03-13-2003, 08:39 PM   #46
cx
Moderator emeritus

Unfortunately, JB, I done heard that language for most of my earliest years. It's one of the reasons I left PA and never went back.

In the Western Pennsylvania dialect, the word would be more correctly spelt, yuins or youins, but it's spoken as a single syllable, liken to y'all.

Don't be hangin' out where that language is spoke, it will not be a good place. Y'all hear?
cx is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2003, 09:19 PM   #47
Frank

cx
Sorry, I just spelz em likes I sez em. The Pittsburgh area is a great place, except for the traffic, each area has a small town atmosphere and is very community minded.

flatfloor
FYI, most Hians have moved to higher ground and been walking upright for a couple generations now
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2003, 07:08 AM   #48
bbcamp

Hey, Jeff! What's the name of that bar in Negril? I'm going back the last week of April. I may stop in there and hoist a few in your honor!

Which kinda reminds me. John, I'm gonna use another week of unpaid vacation. Things are a little slow in the engineering department (thanks to that danged Deflectolator), so nobody'll miss me. Can I bring you back anything? Legal, that is...
bbcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2003, 08:58 AM   #49
flatfloor
"da Leveler"

Beats me.

This is as bad as it can get, but don't count on it.

Tile Calculator
New Here? Read this!
flatfloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2003, 05:12 PM   #50
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
I think maybe next fiscal year, instead of unpaid vacation, we'll give unpaid comp time and sick leave. People seem to be abusing the vacation program.
John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2003, 06:05 PM   #51
flatfloor
"da Leveler"

Bob dammit! I told you I'd cover for you now he's gonna be checking the time sheets and next he and Patti will be into the expense reports.

Frank maybe you could staighten JC up a bit? His knuckles are kinda scraped up.

This is as bad as it can get, but don't count on it.

Tile Calculator
New Here? Read this!
flatfloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2003, 08:17 PM   #52
Jeff J. Buck
Remodeling Contractor

bbcamp.....

it's the Negril Yacht Club. Right about mid-Negril......mid point between the cliffs and the beach.

Absolutely yhe best non-beach bar. Great first and /or second night stop. One of the only places that is truely "local-friendly".

I refer it as the place the local hustlers go to take the night off. Walking the beach.....you'll get hassled to buy anything from rope bracelets to weed......and they'll sometimes bug ya pretty hard.

Get your face known around the Yacht Club and they'll come up and say....I see U man at the Yacht Club...U know U got what U want....

...and just leave ya alone and go bother some other tourist!

they have fantastic live music most nights..a full bar.......great dinners.....fantastic sea food and some of the best chicken dishes I've ever had.

And..the owner Chuck is a great guy to ask for the inside scoop. He's originally from Fla.....one of the most respected and liked non-Jamaicans around town. And his wife Donna is a trip too.

Email me if it's your first time down and ya want some tips. Check out negril.com too....very good site.

Tonights beverage of choice.....Czechvar.....from the Czech Republic........

Jeff
Unread 03-16-2003, 09:36 AM   #53
bbcamp

Jeff, This will be my third trip in a year. Never been in the Yacht club. Spend most of time on the beach or the reef. Don't have much problem with the higglers, except my arm gets tired giving them the "no thanks" wave off!

I'm an occaisional regular at negril.com. Good site. It'd be better if not so heavily censored.

This will probably be our last trip for some time. Next year is my 50th birthday, and money will be no object for that trip!

Red Stripes are waiting!
bbcamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase