Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Professionals' Hangout

Sponsors

Unread 01-14-2019, 10:13 PM   #1
Kman

They wish they had hired a pro

Project regret

Guess what #1 is...

The top ten reasons to procrastinate:

Kman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-15-2019, 12:35 PM   #2
makethatkerdistick

Bathrooms are the most difficult to renovate because in addition to aesthetics you have to worry about the densest array of infrastructure in the house (waterproofing, multiple points of water supply, multiple drainage points, electrical, venting, lighting). A kitchen is a breeze after doing a bathroom, really. Having done both, I also think that electrical work is much easier than plumbing work. Wiring up a new light? A breeze. Replacing the shower trap under a slab? It sucks. Plus, when you redesign your bathroom, you are often dealing with one of the smallest areas in the house and thus have to make really good informed decisions as to the layout. Every mistake will be magnified when it comes to everyday usability.
Unread 01-15-2019, 01:37 PM   #3
Tiles For My Home
Tiles For My Home

Bad Dry wall jobs are truly something else

I moved into a house with a drywall job that was unlike anything I've ever seen. I wish I still had pics....

The joints were incredibly obvious and paint was falling off between the dry wall pieces! If you looked at the wall from 5 feet away, you could still see where the screws are.

It turns out the homeowner hired his poker buddy to do the worl
Unread 01-15-2019, 02:51 PM   #4
tilemanct
Tile & Stone

My favorite was when we were looking at starter homes with my step daughter, the realtor said kitchen had new granite counter tops. Walked in and it was 12 x 12 granite tiles that were glued to the existing Formica tops. Talk about a giant RED FLAG waving!! It was a DIY flip that was done by folks with no experience in construction who bought into the television seminars for "How to Become Rich" doing flips. I felt bad for whoever bought that place because everything they touched, needed to be re done properly.

CTEF Certified Installer
I lost my hero on 5-21-16 You will be missed. Semper Fi
tilemanct is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase