Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Unread 06-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #1
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Keystone State
Posts: 189
Curb trim: what is this piece for?

I am looking at a piece of curb trim specifically for wet-bed installations, according to the manufacturer's website. 2-1/2" x 6". It is curved on both long edges; here is a profile view:



where 0000000000 = hollow space.

Since this trim piece is only 2.5 inches across, I don't see how it could be used to cap a dam in a wet-bed shower-stall installation. A 2x4 on edge with the metal lath and mud would exceed its width considerably. What would such a narrow curb be used for?

timo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 06-27-2007, 08:18 PM   #2
Moderator -- Mud Man
Davy's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Princeton,Tx.- Dallas area
Posts: 33,204
I believe they called that a sink rail back in the old days. Some old guy can correct me if I'm wrong. They would use a row of sink rail along the front edge of a countertop. That's when they were called drainboards.

Davy is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 John Bridge & Associates, LLC