Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box

Sponsors

Unread 11-11-2011, 07:30 PM   #31
Steve C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughnn
Dan,
I try to browse every link you share. Hasn't changed my mind yet.
'Bout what? I figured you spent more time at lewrockwell.com than I do, since you seem to have identified an Ayn Rand cult that I'm not aware of. I'm pretty sure there is one, but I haven't been able to find any supporters of it on Lew's site. Can you name a few for me?

Evidently Gary North really ruffled your feathers. The main point I took from his article is the fact that on campus, university law enforcement replaces civil law enforcement, and that that was one of the main factors contributing to this thing getting out of control. Is that analysis a problem for you?
Unread 11-16-2011, 11:23 AM   #32
CanyonTile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkR0DDNmit0

Prepare to Throw up, if I walked in on this turd doing this I would have mopped the floors with him.

We Got You Covered

www.canyontileandstone.com
CanyonTile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 02:30 PM   #33
tilerite

This will be my first and prolly only post on this matter as my head needs a rest from the stress of this horrific story. I am 50 years old and for as far back as I can recall, I have been a rabid Penn State fan. My house and vehicles are adorned with Penn State flags, stickers and other assorted Nittany Lion memorabilia. There is no person alive, at least in the sports world whom I have admired more than Joe Paterno.
Needless to say, when I first heard about this story I was sickened just like the rest of you. That this happened anywhere is disturbing enough. That it happened at a place that I held so high in reverence makes me feel like a dagger has been put through my heart. I've been aware for quite some time that Joe Paterno was holding the university hostage in terms of his reluctance to leave coaching even though his time has come and gone so I admit I had lost a bit of respect for him before this story broke.
That lost respect pales in comparison to how I feel about him now. Where I once saw a man who exemplified dignity,respect and perfection, I now see an ugly old man who held far too much power and then used that power to protect a person of the lowest kind. The site of Joe Paterno now sickens me and makes me wonder if there are any hero's left at all.
At first, I didn't know if I would ever watch or root for Penn State ever again. The university did the right thing by firing Paterno along with their inept president and when the Nittany Lions and Nebraska Cornhuskers met at the middle of the field before their game a few weeks back, I found myself being a fan again.
As for Jerry Sandusky, there is no punishment that would satisfy how I feel or more importantly, bring peace to those poor children and their families. I will sit back and let our justice system do what it does and hope that this story increases the awareness of what is national problem of epic proportions so that perhaps something positive can come out of this.
Thats really all I've got to say.
tilerite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #34
tilerite

Sandusky found guilty on 45 counts. He'll die in prison and hopefully sooner rather than later as the thought of my tax dollars paying for his meals makes me want to vomit. Unbelievable!! I'm still in shock.
Unread 06-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #35
ceramictec
Tampa Florida Tile Contractor

think he will make the 442 years possible sentence ?

I dont think he will be able to do 15 at his age.
..............^^--Check out our Blog--^^
Tampa, Florida installer of Schluter Kerdi/Kerdiboard waterproofed showers
Tampa, Florida installer of Laticrete HydroBan/HydroBan board waterproofed showers
ceramictec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #36
ceramictec

Sandusky: From Penn State to State Pen
Tampa, Florida installer of Laticrete HydroBan/HydroBan board waterproofed showers
Unread 06-23-2012, 05:35 AM   #37
jondon
Hershey Pennsylvania Tile Contractor

Send a message via AIM to jondon
I just saw Sandouchsky was convicted on 45 of the 48 counts. He got a fair trial and of course he denied any wrong doing. Him molesting boys in his mind wasn't anything wrong, and paying them off to be quiet with gifts. I saw his own son came out and said he molested him too when he was young. Why didn't he come out sooner you ask, that is embarrassing to talk about. His wife may not have known the full extent of but she knew something. She wasn't on trial though. Many men like him get married for the image of the happy family. They have no interest in a woman other than using her as a shield to look like the perfect husband.

It is tough for any young man and woman to come out against their accuser especially when it is one of high power, people don't want to believe someone so important in the community could do something like this. Let this be a lesson to everyone in a high position or not.

Do the crime and now do the time. He should spend the rest of his life in jail and confinement away from the general population. Or maybe him in the general population would put him on the receiving end for a change don't think he'll be getting any gifts though to keep quiet.

The good thing to come out of this is him paying for his crimes and the people who he took advantage of to feel he is gonna get punished. He affected those boys in a way they cannot just forget about. Any boy or girl who is molested at a young age or any age is affected by that the rest of their lives.

I think a fair sentence would be to tour all the universities and give speeches on why you shouldn't take advantage of boys, show where it got him and all the people's lives he messed up. After that go straight to jail and stay there the rest of his life to think about how he got there. He showed no emotion in the reading of the verdict, I want to see the emotion on his face the first time he gets to be manhandled in prison and to just keep his mouth shut and take it like a man. He will be scared like all the young men who carry the scar of him molesting them.

He won't want to live, then he will finally realize the same feeling people who get molested feel after they have been used. A feeling of being worthless and not easy for those young men or anyone to overcome in life.

As for turning the other way like the assistant coach did and not stepping in, I wish he had stepped in and he might have saved a few victims. Not his job you say, sorry anyone seeing someone being molested should be stepping in or using your smart phone to make a smart call to the police. I know I would not hesitate and I wouldn't care who the person is.

Jon Donmoyer

JD Tile

CTEF Certified Installer #825

Custom Tile Installation in Hershey & surrounding areas

Serving Dauphin, Lebanon, Berks, Chester, & Montgomery Counties PA
jondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2012, 05:56 AM   #38
Davestone
Florida Tile & Stone Man

The guy was railroaded,buncha lying brats,just ask his wife.

http://Davestonestile.com
Davestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2012, 08:57 AM   #39
tilerite

No, I don't see him lasting more than 5 years. Stick a fork in him, he's done.
Unread 06-25-2012, 05:35 AM   #40
Davestone
Florida Tile & Stone Man

Perverted justice?
Attached Images

http://Davestonestile.com
Davestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #41
swait

Convicted on 45 of 48 charges. Must have had a really good lawyer to get off on 3 of them!

I plan to live forever. So far, so good.
swait is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #42
ceramictec

Penn State leaders disregarded victims, 'empowered' Sandusky, review finds

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/12/us/pen...ion/index.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNN
State College, Pennsylvania (CNN) --

The most powerful leaders at Penn State University showed "total and consistent disregard" for child sex abuse victims while covering up the attacks of a longtime sexual predator, according to an internal review into how the school handled a scandal involving its former assistant football coach.
Investigators conducted more than 400 interviews and found that several officials had "empowered" Jerry Sandusky to continue his abuse, while Joe Paterno, the school's legendary head football coach, could have stopped the attacks had he done more, investigators said Thursday.
Unread 07-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #43
ceramictec

Good,point from a respected real head coach, Bobby Bowden!

http://www.620wdae.com/pages/seminol...ticle=10265656

Quote:
By: John Mamola

Legendary Florida State head coach Bobby Bowden joined 620 WDAE to discuss the findings of the Freeh report which was released earlier today. Bowden telling Tom Krasniqi that he believes that Joe Paterno’s statue which stands outside of Beaver Stadium should be taken down.

“I would. If I was Joe Paterno’s family, I would want it taken down.”

Bowden went on to talk about what Paterno’s legacy will now be after 61 years of service at Penn State.

“I’m afraid (his legacy) is this. Spending 60 years doing it the right way, and this comes up and erases the whole thing.”

Bowden spoke of his personal relationship with Paterno.

“I was just shocked that this thing came up. I would get bits of information and still would be shocked. I just hate what happened, but it’s not as bad as to what happened to those boys.”

Read more: http://www.620wdae.com/pages/seminol...#ixzz20SDU3QgF
Unread 07-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #44
jondon
Hershey Pennsylvania Tile Contractor

Send a message via AIM to jondon
I agree with Bowden though the family of JoePa has to live with this Joe does not. I do think as much as JoePa built up Penn State by the football program that stature has been severely destroyed now we know so many higher ups did so little if anything to protect him thus hurting more of our youth.

The best thing for them to do is take it down and start over, they need to put him and his statue in the past. They could charge 1.00 per whack with a sledge hammer and put it in its proper place, a landfill. I also agree the most shocking thing is what happened to those boys, they have to live with this the rest of their lives. JoePa rests in peace, or does he

He could have gotten out of the game stepping down years ago it makes you wonder maybe he loved the empowerment that most use to abuse our society. Might a saved his a$$ from criticism had he stepped down but he just couldn't let go of his beloved football program, he was obsessed with it like Sandusky was with young boys. They both had something in common an obsession they couldn't let go a.

Jon Donmoyer

JD Tile

CTEF Certified Installer #825

Custom Tile Installation in Hershey & surrounding areas

Serving Dauphin, Lebanon, Berks, Chester, & Montgomery Counties PA
jondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 05:15 AM   #45
tilerite

Its already begun. Nike removed Paterno's name from a child care center in Oregon. The statue in University Park should come down immediately. These are sad times for State fans.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/12...er-2102580067/

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase