Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box

Sponsors

Unread 05-30-2008, 09:08 PM   #571
Marge

Good news indeed!
Unread 06-03-2008, 09:22 PM   #572
kate42
Just a friend

The best news yet. Mom is back at the nursing home with my Dad.

Thank You God for keeping them together.

Thank You all for your prayers.

"If there is light in the soul,
There will be beauty in the person.
If there is beauty in the person,
There will be harmony in the house.
If there is harmony in the house,
There will be order in the nation.
If there is order in the nation,
There will be peace in the world."
~Chinese Proverb
kate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2008, 09:31 PM   #573
HS345
Tile Contractor

Kathleen,
Unread 06-03-2008, 09:36 PM   #574
Marge

Great to hear!
Unread 06-03-2008, 09:42 PM   #575
kate42
Just a friend

Greg

That's how I feel. When I told my Father that Mom was coming "Home", the joy in his voice brought tears to my eyes. Married 67 years and they still are so devoted to each other.
Words at this moment escape me.

~Chinese Proverb
Unread 06-04-2008, 02:40 PM   #576
Bugman
Veteran DIYer -- Schluterville Graduate

That's wonderful news!
Unread 06-04-2008, 02:42 PM   #577
Bugman

Helen & Jack - Kathleen's parents & Jim's in-laws, sharing the same room in nursing home. Helen is back "home" with Jack again.
Continue to keep Helen and Jack and Kathleen in your prayers and thoughts.
Joe Thackston - A worker seriously injured at a construction site. Bamadave witnessed a construction accident. See: http://johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63075
Joel Palmer and Diane, his wife - Neesie's (dgunnels) good friends. Joel was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor August 6. May 22 Update: Joel is much weaker, only able to say a few words and only able to sit on the edge of the bed for a few minutes a couple of times a week. Hospice comes twice a week and Diane has help with housework now. Diane is feeling the lack of social interaction. Thank you for your continued prayers and kind thoughts.
Jackie DeGonia - Jack's mom and Justine's grandma. April 21: Her cancer is back. It reappeared around the surgery area in her stomach as well as her liver. Right now she is frustrated with all the treatments. She mentioned there is no way she will do another surgery and the chemo pills are hard to take. So what her options are and what she is willing to undergo may be two different things.
Joel Palmer and Diane, his wife - Neesie's (dgunnels) good friends. Joel was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor August 6. April 19 Update: Hospice is in place now. Don't know what the time estimate is. Please keep Diane especially in your your thoughts and prayers. Thank you all for your kindness.
Helen - Kathleen's (Kate42) sister. She has been, for the past 2 years, a pancreatic cancer survivor. Sadly the cancer is back and she is still doing chemo. April 17 update: I got really good news, the tumors have shrunk and all my markers are good. All the hard work and intensive chemo worked wonders and I am in a really good place so I am really very thankful and happy. Might have to go and extra month on the chemo, but now I am reveling in Joy and Happiness. Who says that miracle do not happen.
Yvonne - Greg's (HS345) cousin of Tucson, Arizona, had open heart surgery at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota on March 25. Yvonne is still doing great, and is set to be discharged from the hospital March 30. Amazing! She will remain in Minnesota for another week for regular evaluations and then fly home to Tucson on Saturday.
Dora - Greg's (HS345) mother. She suffered complications after emergency surgery for an obstructed and twisted bowel on Jan 1 and had to be rushed back to the hospital Jan 12 for emergency surgery. March 30: She continues to recover at home and is doing as well as can be expected. She sounds like her old self when I talk to her on the phone. She does get a little depressed sometimes, but considering what she's been through, that is to be expected. The power of prayer has been proven through this thread time, and time again. God Bless you all.
Nate Lehfeldt - young son of family friends of JTG. Still undergoing treatments in Vancouver BC fighting Acute Lymphocyctic Leukemia. Nate returned to work on March 17, got sick, but is now working again. His family says they now get a false sense of hope that Nate is out of the woods, which is not the case. He still has 30% chance of survival in the first 18 months to 2 years of treatment and 50/50 chance of relapsing. He now is at 14 months and has 2 1/2 to 3 years of chemo to go through. He's lucky he can go back to work, many can't because the chemo makes them too sick.
His family says, Our year last year was so incredibly stressful. We look back and wonder how we made it through it! We are glad that part of Nate's treatment is past us and looking forward to him flying through the rest of these years of treatment in hopes of being cured! Thank you for all your support we'll win this battle yet!
Corinne W. - Marge's friend. She slipped and fell in the mountains and broke two bones near her ankle (March 12). In just the last year Corinne has been treated for breast cancer and her husband for near kidney failure. Yours prayers supported them through both challenges. Corinne had surgery after her fall. Two breaks in her ankle and now a 12" plate has been installed. She will be in a wheelchair for 4-6 weeks and the cast stays on for 8-11 weeks. The pain is being managed through meds...better living through narcotics.
Dave Maloney - Dave is a member of JTG's Rotary Club. For the past couple years Dave has been fighting cancer and it had appeared to be in remission but has reared its ugly head again and he starts Chemo treatments tomorrow (March 12).
Dave - John Corley's friend. He is a past survivor of prostate cancer, now it is in his lymph nodes. Dave is a custom home builder and a very good man.
Patricia Kuehne (Miss Piggy) - Her eye surgeon said that she is indeed a miracle. He has had many patients with stroke of the artery behind the retina, but none have come back to almost completely normal like she has.
Regarding her husband's fall off the horse. His knuckle is still swollen after 4 months, but he would NOT let the emergency doctor x-ray it, and she told him not to get on that horse in the first place, he had never ridden a horse but 2 times in his whole life, now he has to live with a sore hand.
On a sad note, her 89-year-old father passed away on Jan 21.
Scott (sgrandjean) - Had the last of fourteen chemo sessions last week. I am now anticipating a left hip replacement (and possibly the right as well) in the near future. Since I've got to lose some weight, I won't be having the surgery until April or May. Guess I'll just be hobbling along until then.
Pat Oettel - Twenty year wife of Eric (Old Rem) has a serious infection that is finally starting to respond to treatment. She had the last 2 drains removed. Now she just has her daily dose of heavy antibiotics at the hospital and one weekly sonogram and checkup in Milwaukee. Once they get all the Staph infection gone, she will have a 6 month wait before reconstructive shoulder surgery.
John - sandbagger's friend was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year. But last month we got the bad news that it had spread to the bones. John went into hospice care. Things have turned much worse and he's in constant pain and heavily drugged. He probably has at most a few days left. Pray for John but especially for his wife. She is taking it very hard.
Chris Fox’s 28 month old son is being tested for autism. Chris asks that we pray for the good health of his son.
Kennedy Oettel - Eric's (Oldrem) 10 year old Grandaughter . After a year of seeing numerous doctors, all even the renowned Mayo Clinic can do is increase the dosage on the meds they put her on a couple months ago. Still nothing for certain as to what's causing the severe headaches. At least the attacks are down to a few a week now (mostly at night) instead of several a day.
Paul - Todd's (tileguytodd) old helper - rotator cuff surgery but needs prayers for other problems.
Unread 06-18-2008, 10:14 PM   #578
Marge

A quick update on Corinne W. Her ankle is not healing well and they are going to start using a bone stimulator. Apparently the drugs from her breat cancer treatment caused weakness in her bones. Looks like a long recovery ahead.

I would also like to ask for Lois Tiger to be added to our list. She recently retired and shortly thereafter was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer. She is receiving treatment but has been advised it is inoperable. Her attitude is upbeat and prayers of support will be greatly appreciated.
Unread 06-19-2008, 04:54 AM   #579
dgunnels
Neesie

A blessing on Corrine and Lois.

Denise Gunnels, Realtor

http://www.harrynorman.com/agents/17291-Denise-Gunnels
dgunnels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2008, 08:48 AM   #580
Bugman

Lois Tiger - Marge's friend. She recently retired and shortly thereafter was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer. She is receiving treatment but has been advised it is inoperable. Her attitude is upbeat and prayers of support will be greatly appreciated.
Corinne W. - Marge's friend. She slipped and fell in the mountains and broke two bones near her ankle (March 12). Update: (June 19) Her ankle is not healing well and they are going to start using a bone stimulator. Apparently the drugs from her breast cancer treatment caused weakness in her bones. Looks like a long recovery ahead.
Helen & Jack - Kathleen's parents & Jim's in-laws, sharing the same room in nursing home. Helen is back "home" with Jack again.
Continue to keep Helen and Jack and Kathleen in your prayers and thoughts.
Joe Thackston - A worker seriously injured at a construction site. Bamadave witnessed a construction accident. See: http://johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63075
Joel Palmer and Diane, his wife - Neesie's (dgunnels) good friends. Joel was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor August 6. May 22 Update: Joel is much weaker, only able to say a few words and only able to sit on the edge of the bed for a few minutes a couple of times a week. Hospice comes twice a week and Diane has help with housework now. Diane is feeling the lack of social interaction. Thank you for your continued prayers and kind thoughts.
Jackie DeGonia - Jack's mom and Justine's grandma. April 21: Her cancer is back. It reappeared around the surgery area in her stomach as well as her liver. Right now she is frustrated with all the treatments. She mentioned there is no way she will do another surgery and the chemo pills are hard to take. So what her options are and what she is willing to undergo may be two different things.
Helen - Kathleen's (Kate42) sister. She has been, for the past 2 years, a pancreatic cancer survivor. Sadly the cancer is back and she is still doing chemo. April 17 update: I got really good news, the tumors have shrunk and all my markers are good. All the hard work and intensive chemo worked wonders and I am in a really good place so I am really very thankful and happy. Might have to go and extra month on the chemo, but now I am reveling in Joy and Happiness. Who says that miracle do not happen.
Yvonne - Greg's (HS345) cousin of Tucson, Arizona, had open heart surgery at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota on March 25. Yvonne is still doing great, and is set to be discharged from the hospital March 30. Amazing! She will remain in Minnesota for another week for regular evaluations and then fly home to Tucson on Saturday.
Dora - Greg's (HS345) mother. She suffered complications after emergency surgery for an obstructed and twisted bowel on Jan 1 and had to be rushed back to the hospital Jan 12 for emergency surgery. March 30: She continues to recover at home and is doing as well as can be expected. She sounds like her old self when I talk to her on the phone. She does get a little depressed sometimes, but considering what she's been through, that is to be expected. The power of prayer has been proven through this thread time, and time again. God Bless you all.
Nate Lehfeldt - young son of family friends of JTG. Still undergoing treatments in Vancouver BC fighting Acute Lymphocyctic Leukemia. Nate returned to work on March 17, got sick, but is now working again. His family says they now get a false sense of hope that Nate is out of the woods, which is not the case. He still has 30% chance of survival in the first 18 months to 2 years of treatment and 50/50 chance of relapsing. He now is at 14 months and has 2 1/2 to 3 years of chemo to go through. He's lucky he can go back to work, many can't because the chemo makes them too sick.
His family says, Our year last year was so incredibly stressful. We look back and wonder how we made it through it! We are glad that part of Nate's treatment is past us and looking forward to him flying through the rest of these years of treatment in hopes of being cured! Thank you for all your support we'll win this battle yet!
Dave Maloney - Dave is a member of JTG's Rotary Club. For the past couple years Dave has been fighting cancer and it had appeared to be in remission but has reared its ugly head again and he starts Chemo treatments tomorrow (March 12).
Dave - John Corley's friend. He is a past survivor of prostate cancer, now it is in his lymph nodes. Dave is a custom home builder and a very good man.
Patricia Kuehne (Miss Piggy) - Her eye surgeon said that she is indeed a miracle. He has had many patients with stroke of the artery behind the retina, but none have come back to almost completely normal like she has.
Regarding her husband's fall off the horse. His knuckle is still swollen after 4 months, but he would NOT let the emergency doctor x-ray it, and she told him not to get on that horse in the first place, he had never ridden a horse but 2 times in his whole life, now he has to live with a sore hand.
On a sad note, her 89-year-old father passed away on Jan 21.
Scott (sgrandjean) - Had the last of fourteen chemo sessions last week. I am now anticipating a left hip replacement (and possibly the right as well) in the near future. Since I've got to lose some weight, I won't be having the surgery until April or May. Guess I'll just be hobbling along until then.
Pat Oettel - Twenty year wife of Eric (Old Rem) has a serious infection that is finally starting to respond to treatment. She had the last 2 drains removed. Now she just has her daily dose of heavy antibiotics at the hospital and one weekly sonogram and checkup in Milwaukee. Once they get all the Staph infection gone, she will have a 6 month wait before reconstructive shoulder surgery.
John - sandbagger's friend was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year. But last month we got the bad news that it had spread to the bones. John went into hospice care. Things have turned much worse and he's in constant pain and heavily drugged. He probably has at most a few days left. Pray for John but especially for his wife. She is taking it very hard.
Chris Fox’s 28 month old son is being tested for autism. Chris asks that we pray for the good health of his son.
Kennedy Oettel - Eric's (Oldrem) 10 year old Grandaughter . After a year of seeing numerous doctors, all even the renowned Mayo Clinic can do is increase the dosage on the meds they put her on a couple months ago. Still nothing for certain as to what's causing the severe headaches. At least the attacks are down to a few a week now (mostly at night) instead of several a day.
Paul - Todd's (tileguytodd) old helper - rotator cuff surgery but needs prayers for other problems.
Unread 06-19-2008, 08:51 AM   #581
Bugman

Thanksgiving

Just a quick note. Frances had another checkup last week and passed with flying colors. This was the first time on a four-month-interval. Two more checkups at four-month-intervals and she will graduate to a checkup every six months. Thanks for all of your positive thoughts and prayers over the last two years.
Unread 06-19-2008, 08:09 PM   #582
Marge

Wow, only two more 4 month checkups. I remember when I graduated to the six month schedule....it was a happy event. Give her a big hug from me.
Unread 06-22-2008, 09:42 PM   #583
kate42
Just a friend

Clyde

I am so happy for Frances and you. Love to you both.

~Chinese Proverb
Unread 06-23-2008, 05:15 AM   #584
dgunnels
Neesie

That's great Clyde. Hugs and thumbs up for both of you.

Denise Gunnels, Realtor

Unread 07-14-2008, 07:42 AM   #585
dgunnels
Neesie

I spent the weekend with Diane and Joel Palmer. He has had a change of medication and has begun speaking and seems to actually be gaining some strength. Unfortunately, due to the inability to read anything from the recent MRI we don't know if this is due to a med change or if he is actually improving. We (myself and a family friend who is a physician) are encouraing them to go to a different Dr. at a nearby university hospital but they seem reluctant for some reason.

Denise Gunnels, Realtor

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase