Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box

Sponsors

Unread 03-08-2008, 11:16 PM   #451
John Corley

I would like to add my friend Dave to the list. He is a past survivor of prostate cancer, now it is in his lymphnodes.

Dave is a custom home builder and a very good man.

I have seen the power of this list. Thank you.
Unread 03-09-2008, 09:09 AM   #452
Marge

John, please let Dave know he's got a lot of support here.
Unread 03-09-2008, 10:39 AM   #453
Bugman
Veteran DIYer -- Schluterville Graduate

Dave - John Corley's friend. He is a past survivor of prostate cancer, now it is in his lymph nodes. Dave is a custom home builder and a very good man.
Patricia Kuehne (Miss Piggy) - Her eye surgeon said that she is indeed a miracle. He has had many patients with stroke of the artery behind the retina, but none have come back to almost completely normal like she has.
Regarding her husband's fall off the horse. His knuckle is still swollen after 4 months, but he would NOT let the emergency doctor x-ray it, and she told him not to get on that horse in the first place, he had never ridden a horse but 2 times in his whole life, now he has to live with a sore hand.
On a sad note, her 89-year-old father passed away on Jan 21.
Helen & Jack - Kathleen's parents & Jim's in-laws, sharing the same room in nursing home. Helen has recently had a recurrence of a skin cancer that may have spread. She is waiting for the biopsy to be done on the 27th of February. Kathleen faces many tough decisions regarding treatment and care for her mother. The family needs lots of prayers and positive thoughts right now.
Helen - Kathleen's (Kate42) sister. She has been, for the past 2 years, a pancreatic cancer survivor. Sadly the cancer is back and she is still doing chemo. Only time will tell whether or not it is working.
Charlie - JTG's friend is home and doing well. He doesn't have any physical problems other than learning to adjust to new glasses. He should recover 100%.
He and Willow said to pass on how much they appreciate your prayers.
Jerry Harmon - friend of Marge & Dave. He received a somewhat experimental surgery last March to aid his lack of red blood cell production. His adult sister was able to provide the stem cells necessary for the procedure and after a few months of touch and go the medical pros were impressed by his recovery (he was doing awesome!!). After a relapse he is out of critical care, but the doctors are working to stabilize him. He isn't taking nutrition well, but better than a couple days ago. His family says thank you to everyone here.
Dora - Greg's (HS345) mother. She suffered complications after emergency surgery for an obstructed and twisted bowel on Jan 1 and had to be rushed back to the hospital Jan 12 for emergency surgery. Feb 4 update: Mom has made many small improvements since my last update. She was released from the hospital and into a skilled nursing facility on Friday. Unfortunately she had some chest pain on Saturday and is now back in the hospital. She seems to be doing okay at this point, but the docs still haven't determined the cause of the chest pain. There is no question that Mom has the will to live. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your prayers, they are a great source of comfort to my family and I.
Scott (sgrandjean) - Had the last of fourteen chemo sessions last week. I am now anticipating a left hip replacement (and possibly the right as well) in the near future. Since I've got to lose some weight, I won't be having the surgery until April or May. Guess I'll just be hobbling along until then.
Jackie DeGonia - Jack's mom and Justine's grandma. She had a mass removed from the stomach area and the doctors are confident the surgery went well. A recent PET scan showed no signs of the cancer and her doctors consider her cancer free. Jackie isn't totally done. She goes back on chemo pills Jan 15 for follow up treatment. Jackie and her family thank everyone for their prayers and positive thoughts.
Nate Lehfeldt - young son of family friends of JTG. Still undergoing treatments in Vancouver BC fighting Acute Lymphocyctic Leukemia. Nate is still in remission. He is finished with IV Chemo and is now doing an oral treatment. His mom was telling me that last year he spent over 250 days in the hospital. Good news for the family is that they have found that his brother is a bone marrow match if they get to that.
Joel Palmer and Diane, his wife - Neesie's (dgjunnels) good friends. Joel was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor August 6. Finished six weeks of daily radiation treatments Oct 19. Treatments have caused brain swelling and stroke-like symptoms. Swelling prevents further diagnosis with MRI or PET scans. Diane is struggling to keep everything going at home.
Pat Oettel - Twenty year wife of Eric (Old Rem) has a serious infection that is finally starting to respond to treatment. She had the last 2 drains removed. Now she just has her daily dose of heavy antibiotics at the hospital and one weekly sonogram and checkup in Milwaukee. Once they get all the Staph infection gone, she will have a 6 month wait before reconstructive shoulder surgery.
John - sandbagger's friend was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year. But last month we got the bad news that it had spread to the bones. John went into hospice care. Things have turned much worse and he's in constant pain and heavily drugged. He probably has at most a few days left. Pray for John but especially for his wife. She is taking it very hard.
Chris Fox’s 28 month old son is being tested for autism. Chris asks that we pray for the good health of his son.
Jim Cole - JTG's friend continues reconstructive surgery on his face after an encounter with a sow in Yellowstone Park. He is back home now. He has lost the vision in one eye. He faces lots of reconstructive surgery to remake his face. He still has a couple metal tubes for a nose. He sounds good on the phone and he told me he was driving.
Kennedy Oettel - Eric's (Oldrem) 10 year old Grandaughter . After a year of seeing numerous doctors, all even the renowned Mayo Clinic can do is increase the dosage on the meds they put her on a couple months ago. Still nothing for certain as to what's causing the severe headaches. At least the attacks are down to a few a week now (mostly at night) instead of several a day.
Paul - Todd's (tileguytodd) old helper - rotator cuff surgery but needs prayers for other problems.
Unread 03-10-2008, 08:23 AM   #454
John Corley

Will do, thank you
Unread 03-10-2008, 05:44 PM   #455
kate42
Just a friend

I got some great news today about my Mother. Her breast cancer has not returned. She has a form of skin cancer called squamous cancer which is more serious than basil cancer.
Extensive surgery could remove the cancer, but Mom would probably not survive the surgery.
There are many questions to be answered, but nobody really knows what this, if left alone, will do to her. She could with us for a very long time. I just pray she remains comfortable and pain free.
I thank everyone for all the prayers you sent my Mom's way. It works.

"If there is light in the soul,
There will be beauty in the person.
If there is beauty in the person,
There will be harmony in the house.
If there is harmony in the house,
There will be order in the nation.
If there is order in the nation,
There will be peace in the world."
~Chinese Proverb

Last edited by kate42; 03-10-2008 at 05:54 PM.
kate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2008, 06:01 PM   #456
JTG

Kathleen

Great news regarding your Mom
JTG

Santa Seattle
Ballard

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/SantaJerryinBallard
JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 08:52 AM   #457
Bugman

Helen & Jack - Kathleen's parents & Jim's in-laws, sharing the same room in nursing home. The results of Helen's biopsy are back. Her breast cancer has not returned, but she does have a form of skin cancer called squamous cancer which is more serious than basil cancer. Extensive surgery could remove the cancer, but she would probably not survive the surgery.
There are many questions to be answered, but nobody really knows what this, if left alone, will do to her. She could be with us for a very long time. Just pray she that she remains comfortable and pain free. Kathleen thanks everyone for all the prayers. It works.
Dave - John Corley's friend. He is a past survivor of prostate cancer, now it is in his lymph nodes. Dave is a custom home builder and a very good man.
Patricia Kuehne (Miss Piggy) - Her eye surgeon said that she is indeed a miracle. He has had many patients with stroke of the artery behind the retina, but none have come back to almost completely normal like she has.
Regarding her husband's fall off the horse. His knuckle is still swollen after 4 months, but he would NOT let the emergency doctor x-ray it, and she told him not to get on that horse in the first place, he had never ridden a horse but 2 times in his whole life, now he has to live with a sore hand.
Helen - Kathleen's (Kate42) sister. She has been, for the past 2 years, a pancreatic cancer survivor. Sadly the cancer is back and she is still doing chemo. Only time will tell whether or not it is working.
Charlie - JTG's friend is home and doing well. He doesn't have any physical problems other than learning to adjust to new glasses. He should recover 100%.
Jerry Harmon - friend of Marge & Dave. He received a somewhat experimental surgery last March to aid his lack of red blood cell production. His adult sister was able to provide the stem cells necessary for the procedure and after a few months of touch and go the medical pros were impressed by his recovery (he was doing awesome!!). After a relapse he is out of critical care, but the doctors are working to stabilize him. He isn't taking nutrition well, but better than a couple days ago. His family says thank you to everyone here.
Dora - Greg's (HS345) mother. She suffered complications after emergency surgery for an obstructed and twisted bowel on Jan 1 and had to be rushed back to the hospital Jan 12 for emergency surgery. Feb 4 update: Mom has made many small improvements since my last update. She was released from the hospital and into a skilled nursing facility on Friday. Unfortunately she had some chest pain on Saturday and is now back in the hospital. She seems to be doing okay at this point, but the docs still haven't determined the cause of the chest pain. There is no question that Mom has the will to live. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your prayers, they are a great source of comfort to my family and I.
Scott (sgrandjean) - Had the last of fourteen chemo sessions last week. I am now anticipating a left hip replacement (and possibly the right as well) in the near future. Since I've got to lose some weight, I won't be having the surgery until April or May. Guess I'll just be hobbling along until then.
Jackie DeGonia - Jack's mom and Justine's grandma. She had a mass removed from the stomach area and the doctors are confident the surgery went well. A recent PET scan showed no signs of the cancer and her doctors consider her cancer free. Jackie isn't totally done. She goes back on chemo pills Jan 15 for follow up treatment. Jackie and her family thank everyone for their prayers and positive thoughts.
Nate Lehfeldt - young son of family friends of JTG. Still undergoing treatments in Vancouver BC fighting Acute Lymphocyctic Leukemia. Nate is still in remission. He is finished with IV Chemo and is now doing an oral treatment. His mom was telling me that last year he spent over 250 days in the hospital. Good news for the family is that they have found that his brother is a bone marrow match if they get to that.
Joel Palmer and Diane, his wife - Neesie's (dgjunnels) good friends. Joel was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor August 6. Finished six weeks of daily radiation treatments Oct 19. Treatments have caused brain swelling and stroke-like symptoms. Swelling prevents further diagnosis with MRI or PET scans. Diane is struggling to keep everything going at home.
Pat Oettel - Twenty year wife of Eric (Old Rem) has a serious infection that is finally starting to respond to treatment. She had the last 2 drains removed. Now she just has her daily dose of heavy antibiotics at the hospital and one weekly sonogram and checkup in Milwaukee. Once they get all the Staph infection gone, she will have a 6 month wait before reconstructive shoulder surgery.
John - sandbagger's friend was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year. But last month we got the bad news that it had spread to the bones. John went into hospice care. Things have turned much worse and he's in constant pain and heavily drugged. He probably has at most a few days left. Pray for John but especially for his wife. She is taking it very hard.
Chris Fox’s 28 month old son is being tested for autism. Chris asks that we pray for the good health of his son.
Jim Cole - JTG's friend continues reconstructive surgery on his face after an encounter with a sow in Yellowstone Park. He is back home now. He has lost the vision in one eye. He faces lots of reconstructive surgery to remake his face. He still has a couple metal tubes for a nose. He sounds good on the phone and he told me he was driving.
Kennedy Oettel - Eric's (Oldrem) 10 year old Grandaughter . After a year of seeing numerous doctors, all even the renowned Mayo Clinic can do is increase the dosage on the meds they put her on a couple months ago. Still nothing for certain as to what's causing the severe headaches. At least the attacks are down to a few a week now (mostly at night) instead of several a day.
Paul - Todd's (tileguytodd) old helper - rotator cuff surgery but needs prayers for other problems.
Unread 03-11-2008, 02:55 PM   #458
JTG

Please hold Dave Maloney in your prayers. Dave is a member of my Rotary Club. For the past couple years Dave has been fighting cancer and it had appeared to be in remission but has reared its ugly head again and he starts Cemo treatments tomorrow.
Thanks
JTG

Santa Seattle
Ballard

Unread 03-11-2008, 05:19 PM   #459
kate42
Just a friend

Jerry

Dave Maloney is definitely in our prayers.
I know the feeling when someone who has battled cancer, appears to be OK, and the damn cancer rears its ugly head again. It's so unfair. Only God knows why.
I just pray that they get better, and if that is not possible, they do not suffer.

"If there is light in the soul,
There will be beauty in the person.
If there is beauty in the person,
There will be harmony in the house.
If there is harmony in the house,
There will be order in the nation.
If there is order in the nation,
There will be peace in the world."
~Chinese Proverb
kate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 10:32 PM   #460
Marge

Cancer survivors understand the risk of recurrence...we fear the possibility and hope for the best. Please let Dave know we are all here in support and many of us have been in his shoes.

Also, I would like to add Corinne W. to our list of those in need of our prayers. Today she slipped and fell in the mountains and broke two bones near her ankle. As I type she is being transported by ambulance to PHX for surgery.

In just the last year Corinne has been treated for breast cancer and her husband for near kidney failure. Yours prayers supported them through both challenges. Corinne was having difficulty with the cancer meds and it was affecting her ability to walk. She was doing much better when this happened today.

Clyde, I know you try to describe the need on the List based on our requests here. They need our support for her physical healing as well as helping them have the day-to-day help they require.

Thanks to all here that care and share.
Unread 03-12-2008, 06:21 PM   #461
Bugman

Corinne W. - Marge's friend. She slipped and fell in the mountains and broke two bones near her ankle (March 12). As I type she is being transported by ambulance to PHX for surgery. In just the last year Corinne has been treated for breast cancer and her husband for near kidney failure. Yours prayers supported them through both challenges. Corinne was having difficulty with the cancer meds and it was affecting her ability to walk. She was doing much better when this happened today.
Dave Maloney - Dave is a member of JTG's Rotary Club. For the past couple years Dave has been fighting cancer and it had appeared to be in remission but has reared its ugly head again and he starts Chemo treatments tomorrow (March 12).
Helen & Jack - Kathleen's parents & Jim's in-laws, sharing the same room in nursing home. The results of Helen's biopsy are back. Her breast cancer has not returned, but she does have a form of skin cancer called squamous cancer which is more serious than basil cancer. Extensive surgery could remove the cancer, but she would probably not survive the surgery.
There are many questions to be answered, but nobody really knows what this, if left alone, will do to her. She could be with us for a very long time. Just pray she that she remains comfortable and pain free. Kathleen thanks everyone for all the prayers. It works.
Unread 03-13-2008, 08:55 AM   #462
HS345
Tile Contractor

Hello everyone, I haven't posted an update about my Mom, Dora, in a while.

Mom has survived this ordeal and is finally back at home. She is still recovering, but is doing well considering what she's been through, and is still going through. The fact that my Mom is alive, is nothing short of a miracle. Thanks in no small part to all of your prayers. Thank you so much.

My sister, Linda, has been by Mom's side for the entire time, and continues to take care of her 24/7. And that is truly a blessing.

At this time, I would like to add my cousin, Yvonne, of Tucson, Arizona, to the prayer list.

Yvonne is going into the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota on March 23rd, for open heart surgery. Please pray for her and her family.

The power of prayer has been proven through this thread time, and time again. God Bless you all.
Unread 03-13-2008, 10:04 AM   #463
JTG

Greg
Good news regarding your Mom.
We will hold Yvonne in our prayers.
JTG

Santa Seattle
Ballard

Unread 03-13-2008, 12:26 PM   #464
Marge