Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box

Sponsors

Unread 01-18-2008, 04:27 PM   #406
bctile601
Tile Contractor

Checkin' in with y'all.

I had the surgery this morning. Went like a breeze. Had no trouble, and remarkably there was nothing to note in the Dr.'s report. He checked the area in question 3 times and saw nothing at all. So... Praise The Lord !

Thanks Clyde, Marge, and all of everyone's prayers. I'm goin to get me somethin to eat now.

No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care

bctile.com
bctile601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2008, 04:46 PM   #407
JTG

Brian
Glad to hear that they found the plumbing in good working order.
JTG

Santa Seattle
Ballard

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/SantaJerryinBallard
JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2008, 05:04 PM   #408
Marge

Amen to that Brian! Glad to hear it!
Unread 01-18-2008, 05:07 PM   #409
Bugman
Veteran DIYer -- Schluterville Graduate

Great news, Brian!
Unread 01-18-2008, 07:56 PM   #410
flatfloor
"da Leveler"

This is as bad as it can get, but don't count on it.

Tile Calculator
New Here? Read this!
flatfloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2008, 08:50 PM   #411
kate42
Just a friend

Brian

I am very happy for you.

"If there is light in the soul,
There will be beauty in the person.
If there is beauty in the person,
There will be harmony in the house.
If there is harmony in the house,
There will be order in the nation.
If there is order in the nation,
There will be peace in the world."
~Chinese Proverb
kate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2008, 09:21 PM   #412
MudMaker
The Revolution has begun/Make America Great Again

Fantastic Brian...
Unread 01-20-2008, 11:24 AM   #413
kate42
Just a friend

I ask for extra prayers for my Mother. My Mother has had episodes of skin cancer over the years. As the cancers appeared they were removed, but they kept coming back. One of these skin cancers may have. metastasized. It is spreading very quickly. It is not known how deep it has grown or if it has spread to other parts of her body. She is in pain and is getting Darvocet. If she is strong enough and the cardiologist clears her, she will have surgery on Tuesday.
I am Mom’s health care proxy and I pray I make the best decisions for her. Because of her age, if the cancer is there, I don’t want her to go through chemo. The surgeon and other doctors agree with this decision. They will use, in additions to other medications, a morphine patch. All I ask them to do is make her comfortable and pain free.
Now, I have to tell my Dad. Today I’ll tell him she may need surgery on Tue and to remove another skin tab. If on Tuesday the news is not good, I’ll tell him what I think he can handle.
Anybody have any suggestions, or am I doing the right thing?
Thankyou

~Chinese Proverb
Unread 01-20-2008, 12:21 PM   #414
Bugman

Kathleen, My heart goes out to you. It's so hard when you have to make these decisions for a loved one. I think you are approaching it the right way all the way around. There comes a point in time when heroic efforts are a disservice to the patient. You are in my prayers.

Brian, So glad to hear your good news.

Last edited by Bugman; 01-20-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Bugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2008, 12:23 PM   #415
Marge

Kathleen, ditto what Clyde said. Please keep us updated.

Marge and Wiley
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2008, 12:31 PM   #416
Bugman

Helen & Jack - Kathleen's parents & Jim's in-laws, sharing the same room in nursing home. Helen has recently had a recurrence of a skin cancer that may have spread. She will have surgery on Jan 22 if her cardiologist feels she is strong enough. Kathleen faces some difficult decisions if the cancer has spread. The family needs lots of prayers and positive thoughts right now.
Brian (bctile601) - Over the past couple of weeks he has developed a health issue with abdominal discomfort/pain (lower left). A CAT scan revealed some potential problems, but further testing came back negative.
Charlie - JTG's friend was admitted to the hospital with pain and swelling behind the right eye. He was having some procedures done this morning to try and find out why there was blood build up behind the eye. Could be a problem with a blood vessel in the brain and need for a stint in his heart or an angioplasty.
Michelle and Toby and Enzo Wonder - Toby is JTG's godson. REJOICE! Enzo came home from the hospital on Jan 15. Enzo was born on December 21. Michelle and Toby have really appreciated those who have prayed for them.
Jackie DeGonia - Jack's mom and Justine's grandma. She had a mass removed from the stomach area and the doctors are confident the surgery went well. A recent PET scan showed no signs of the cancer and her doctors consider her cancer free. Jackie isn't totally done. She goes back on chemo pills Jan 15 for follow up treatment. Jackie and her family thank everyone for their prayers and positive thoughts.
Dora - Greg's (HS345) mother. She suffered complications after emergency surgery for an obstructed and twisted bowel on Jan 1 and had to be rushed back to the hospital Jan 12 for emergency surgery. Jan 14 update: She has improved slightly. However, she is far from being out of the woods. Your continued prayers are invaluable. Initially the surgeon was not too optimistic, but she continues to show small improvements. She is hanging in there, and definitely putting up one heck of a fight.
Nate Lehfeldt - young son of family friends of JTG. Still undergoing treatments in Vancouver BC fighting Acute Lymphocyctic Leukemia. Nate is still in remission. He is finished with IV Chemo and is now doing an oral treatment. His mom was telling me that last year he spent over 250 days in the hospital. Good news for the family is that they have found that his brother is a bone marrow match if they get to that.
Helen - Kathleen's (Kate42) sister. She has been, for the past 2 years, a pancreatic cancer survivor. Sadly the cancer is back and she is being treated very aggressively for the cancer. In addition to going for chemo, she is also giving herself shots and is taking pills. This regimen has totally exhausted her.
Joel Palmer and Diane, his wife - Neesie's (dgjunnels) good friends. Joel was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor August 6. Finished six weeks of daily radiation treatments Oct 19. Treatments have caused brain swelling and stroke-like symptoms. Swelling prevents further diagnosis with MRI or PET scans. Diane is struggling to keep everything going at home.
Scott (sgrandjean) - Two chemotherapy sessions down and 12 more to go! Going heavy on the anti-nausea meds is always a good idea. Expensive arthritis injections seem to be helping.
Pat Oettel - Twenty year wife of Eric (Old Rem) has a serious infection that is finally starting to respond to treatment. She had the last 2 drains removed. Now she just has her daily dose of heavy antibiotics at the hospital and one weekly sonogram and checkup in Milwaukee. Once they get all the Staph infection gone, she will have a 6 month wait before reconstructive shoulder surgery.
John - sandbagger's friend was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year. But last month we got the bad news that it had spread to the bones. John went into hospice care. Things have turned much worse and he's in constant pain and heavily drugged. He probably has at most a few days left. Pray for John but especially for his wife. She is taking it very hard.
Patricia Kuehne (Miss Piggy) - Multiple needs. She had a stroke in an artery behind her retina leaving her blind in right eye. If in brain or heart it would have been fatal. Also, her Hubby got bucked off of horse and was hurt pretty bad and is still suffering after returning from hospital. She recently had to put her 89 year old dad in veterans home as he will not eat, bathe,etc. He is so thin and does not make any sense when he talks anymore. The whole family needs lots of positive thoughts and prayers.
Chris Fox’s 28 month old son is being tested for autism. Chris asks that we pray for the good health of his son.
Marty Wustman - Marge & Wiley's good friend avoided dialysis by a slim margin! Your always positive thoughts, prayers and support will be very appreciated.
Jim Cole - JTG's friend continues reconstructive surgery on his face after an encounter with a sow in Yellowstone Park. He is back home now. He has lost the vision in one eye. He faces lots of reconstructive surgery to remake his face. He still has a couple metal tubes for a nose. He sounds good on the phone and he told me he was driving.
Kennedy Oettel - Eric's (Oldrem) 10 year old Grandaughter . After a year of seeing numerous doctors, all even the renowned Mayo Clinic can do is increase the dosage on the meds they put her on a couple months ago. Still nothing for certain as to what's causing the severe headaches. At least the attacks are down to a few a week now (mostly at night) instead of several a day.
Paul - Todd's (tileguytodd) old helper - rotator cuff surgery but needs prayers for other problems.
Unread 01-20-2008, 02:30 PM   #417
HS345
Tile Contractor

Kathleen, I am sorry to hear about your Mom.

I do think you are going about this in exactly the right way, praying for guidance.

You and your family are in my prayers. May the Lord comfort you and give you strength. He hears, and answers ALL prayers.

God Bless.
Unread 01-20-2008, 06:13 PM   #418
kate42
Just a friend

Thankyou everyone for the kind words.

Mom has been cleared by the cardiologist and I'm now awaiting for clearance by the family doctor.

~Chinese Proverb
Unread 01-20-2008, 06:26 PM   #419
tilerite

Kathleen
the right thing is what you feel in your heart. I'm sure you are doing whats best for your mom. My prayers and best wishes go out to you and your family.
tilerite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2008, 06:46 PM   #420
kate42
Just a friend

Just to keep everyone updated, my Mother's surgery has been postponed. She is at risk for a "cardiac event" during surgery. They probably will so a biopsy to see if there is a cancer.

~Chinese Proverb

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase