Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Old 09-13-2019, 01:45 PM   #1
dmypub

Schluter Metal Radius Edging Works ?

I am about to order "Schiene Satin Anodized Aluminum 5/8 in. x 8 ft. 2-1/2 in. Metal Radius Tile Edging Trim" (home depot in case I need to return it). Has anyone successfully used this product ? Any specific advice ?

I'm also wondering if this trim will match my existing "satin nickel" trim. Hard to find answer via websites. thanks
Old 09-13-2019, 07:23 PM   #2
jadnashua
Veteran DIYer- Schluterville Graduate

STAR Senior Contributor

The metal profiles need IMMEDIATE cleaning, or you'll stain or discolor them from the alkali in the thinset. Other than that, they work. SEt them, then wipe the exposed surface free of any thinset. Don't wait.
Not a pro, multiple Schluter Workshops (Schluterville and 2013 and 2014 at Schluter Headquarters), Mapei Training 2014, Laticrete Workshop 2014, Custom Building Products Workshop 2015, and Longtime Forum Participant.
jadnashua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 08:17 PM   #3
Gozo

Anodizing leaves a hard coating on the surface of aluminum. If itís a raw satin anodizing, it will have a light gray tint to it. Anodizing can be used with dyes to leave almost any color though. Satin nickel tends to lean towards a warm light brown tint. The only way to tell if the two will be visually compatible to you would be to compare them side to side. If your local HD has these, you can return it if itís not visually to your liking.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase