Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 09-30-2007, 12:59 PM   #1
lcornell

Please help problems with carrera marble

Hi. I'm a amatuer with tile and just layed marble in a small 4 x 6 bathroom in my house. I was told to lay the marble as close together as possible. the floor looks great but Im having a hard time keeping the non sanded grout in. the first time I grouted I came back the next day and it was cracked and missing in some spots so then I put another thin layer of grout over that and sealed it the next day. I used a sealer from home depot that they said would be good for marble and followed the directions exactly. So after the 48 hour cure period we notice the sealer made dull spots on the edges of the marble. We cant tell if its a deposit or if it etched the stone but its not coming off.To make matters worse the grout is coming out again. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I hope the sealer has not permantly ruined the marble. Thank you.
lcornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-30-2007, 01:50 PM   #2
Davy
Moderator -- Mud Man

If the sealer was left on the face and let to dry, sometimes you can wipe it off with the same sealer. Might be worth a try in a closet or corner.

Who ever told you to butt the joints was wrong, you should have left a small joint to give the grout a place to go and something to grab onto. All you can do at this point is to scrape out all the grout (or at least in the bad areas) and regrout the floor using more force when spreading the grout. Hopefully it will get into the joints enough to grab ahold. Make sure the new grout isn't too thick when spreading.

www.davystephenstile.com
Davy is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase