Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box

Sponsors

Unread 12-17-2008, 09:42 PM   #571
scampramp

OMG that is one BIG cat. just big boned probably as we like to say.

the look on gunners face says it all...waiting to pounce...i see it on the emma girls face alot, particularly when the gus dude has a cookie she wants.

love going to petsmart just to see everyone bring in their pets. i couldn't bring the kids gus and em as they would just pee all over from all the smells. maybe the answer to that lies in where the gunner dude is. keep them in the cart?

karen
scampramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2008, 11:01 PM   #572
Marge

Karen, in the cart makes everyone happy. And a leash while in the cart would have helped us avoid "the incident" with Gunner and the...well multiple creatures to remain unnamed.

Shaka would go with us to Petsmart, Lowes and HD...always in a cart on her foam bed. She never bothered other dogs, but it kept them from bothering her. Almost every time we went into one of those stores (over ten years) the staff would comment how much they appreciated having the furballs in a cart and not on leash walking around...making messes and scaring patrons or other furballs. Two of our frequent haunts keep doggie cookies at the cashier areas.

Don't know how it is in other areas, but the no animal rule in Lowes or HD is discreetly ignored in the PHX area if the furball is well mannered. And if the furball human counterpart is equally well mannered.
Unread 12-18-2008, 12:50 AM   #573
scampramp

i'll have to try petsmart cart once and only with one of them the first time. I am quickly reminded of how i took the gus dude to the vet to have his teeth cleaned on tuesday. i opened the hatchback to put his leash on and let him out but he literally leapt out past me to the ground. I freaked out because he wasn't on his leash yet and the vet is on a busy street. i lunged for him and we both went down on the wet,soggy pavement. omg. i almost fainted. when we got inside i had no problem turning him over to marilyn after that stunt. he looked so pitiful, drowned rattish, he turned his head as they dragged him away and shot me the most baleful glance you've ever seen. like, how could you leave me here, wet and cold.
Unread 12-21-2008, 12:42 AM   #574
scampramp

Marge,

Now that you mention it I have seen people at Lowes and HD here in phoenix with their dogs in the cart. How fun that your favorite places keep cookies for the hounds.

We stopped to get coffee after taking Emma for her shots today. She loved sitting outside Mama Java's as everyone had to stop and give her some loving. As an aside to anyone whose dog is older, the vet recommended today starting Emma on glucosamine. She said it has helped 80% of their 'patients'. As she has started lagging behind this past month on our walks we are hoping to see some improvement.

Is Gunner still hanging out with you?

Karen
Unread 12-21-2008, 07:48 AM   #575
Marge

Yep, Gunner is still hogging the bed. His folks return tomorrow, but since they live next door we'll see him daily. He'll be glad to see them after two weeks!
Unread 12-21-2008, 01:05 PM   #576
Jim Farrell Tiler
dont blame me i didnt vote for him

you cant beat a good dog
Unread 12-30-2008, 10:43 PM   #577
Marge

We went to see the movie "Marley & Me" today. If you are a dog lover, you will so enjoy this movie. I recommend you read the book first...it will put a lot in perspective that will be missed otherwise.

If you have ever had to make the decision to end your furball's life, the last 15 minutes of the movie will be difficult. And in some ways, reassuring that you did the right thing. It was tough for Wiley and I, especially after last month, and since Marley is a Labbie.

A true love story..pet and human.
Unread 12-31-2008, 06:21 AM   #578
bbcamp

Call me a softy, but I cried when I read the book review. I can't watch a lost dog movie even if I know the dog makes it home.

That scene in "Lassie Come Home" where Timmie is burying Lassie's toys still tears me up just thinking about it.

Where's my tissues....
bbcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2008, 06:46 AM   #579
Bugman
Veteran DIYer -- Schluterville Graduate

Haven't read the book yet, but we saw the movie this past weekend. It was great. Marge is right, the end is tough for those who have lost a furball, especially if they have had to make the final decision. Very few dry eyes in the theater. I'll fess up, my eyes were soaked!
Unread 01-01-2009, 01:30 PM   #580
flatfloor
"da Leveler"

I cry when the werewolf gets killed.

Unfortunately I know exactly what you folks are saying.

This is as bad as it can get, but don't count on it.

Tile Calculator
New Here? Read this!
flatfloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 11:26 PM   #581
scampramp

just can't do it. movies like that just make me sad for days. i hear it is a really good movie tho. even cathartic if you have gone thru a similar situation.
Unread 01-01-2009, 11:33 PM   #582
Marge

Was thinking about it and realized I may not have gone to see it if I had not read the book. It was based on a true story and the book really draws you into their lives. And then we heard they used something like 43 Labbies to make the movie and we just HAD to see if we could tell the difference.

The puppy Marley running on the beach stole the show.

Cathartic? Yep, in some ways. A good thing.
Unread 01-06-2009, 08:34 AM   #583
girlnamedsue

I'll be waiting for pay-per- view so i can bawl in the privacy of my own livingroom. My 'puppy' is now 9, don't even wanna think about it.....

Presenting Miss Maggie Mae
Attached Images

girlnamedsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2009, 09:12 AM   #584
Marge

She's a coffee drinker?
Unread 01-06-2009, 10:24 AM   #585
girlnamedsue

She probably would if we let her lol.

This was when my husband came home from PT and had toast and coffee with his 'best girl' before heading back to work.

Strangely, our skinny black cat( as differentiated from our Fat black cat) will try and stick his head in our coffee cup- while we're drinking it- to get a sip.
He prefers the perked brew- none of the wimpy drip stuff for that guy
Attached Images

girlnamedsue is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase