Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Old 05-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
100weight
Novice DIYer

Christopher's Kitchen Backsplash project

Hi
I am about to do a kitchen remodel and had a few questions for you pro's.

SWMBO has picked out some tiles for the backsplash (not sure what kind yet). Currently there is paint where the new tiles will go. Do I need to remove it before tiling or can I just tile over it?
Also when I removed the previous "backsplash" above the cooktop it removed a fair amount of the paper on the drywall. I am currently seeing the brown paper (looks like the last layer before the actual white drywall powder stuff). Will this be an issue too?

oh, and what should I be using to put the tiles up with? The same stuff you use in the bathroom or something specifically for kitchens?

Thanks for your input.
CWT
Old 05-10-2012, 06:23 AM   #2
100weight
Novice DIYer

Thanks Bob for the prompt reply. I was worried that I would have to do drywall again and that is my least favorite thing in the world.

Many thanks
CWT

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase