Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 07-08-2021, 07:42 PM   #1
Wkhatri

How to get my Kerdi Pan and Bathroom Floor Level

Hey all, can you please advise if my diagram seems about right to get my shower area level with the rest of my bathroom?

I am installing a Schluter's Prefabricated sloped shower trays designed for KERDI-LINE linear drain (KSLT1220S), which is 48" x 48". I am going to cut the pan down to 36" x 46". 36" would be parallel to the linear drain, and 46" wide. As per Schluter when the pan is cut down to 36" it is 1 9/16" thick. This is for a curbless shower, so I will recess the sub-floor to be inline with the joists (not cutting the joist). However that still is a huge difference with a 3/4" subfloor. Also, I will be using the same 24 " x 48" tiles throughout the bathroom floor and shower area. My tile contractor will make the necessary relief cuts to ensure the tiles are sloped properly towards the drain. And I found and tested a product that makes slippery tiles matte and increase the grip drastically.

Please see my diagram and advise if my calculations look accurate? Also please advise how can/should I recess the subfloor to be in line with the joist, where the current plumbing is. That is not expected to move as it is inline with where the new drain would need to go. It's hard to see in the image, but that PVC drain is attached to the copper drain stack which is in the walls, and has an outlet/piece where the no hub is attached to it, so it cannot be turned either.
Attached Images

Last edited by Wkhatri; 07-08-2021 at 07:48 PM.
Wkhatri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 07-09-2021, 07:25 AM   #2
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
Hi Waleed, .

It looks good to me. The foam floor must be absolutely level, though. There is not much slope to the drain. Check your subfloor for level.
John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2021, 06:21 PM   #3
Wkhatri

Thanks a lot John. Much appreciated. Fingers crossed it actually lines up.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase