Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box

Sponsors

Unread 02-22-2007, 02:36 PM   #1
Oldrem

Send a message via Yahoo to Oldrem
A few well put words from Charlie Daniels

I don't know how everybody else feels about it, but to me I
Think Hispanic people in this country, legally or illegally,
Made a huge public relations mistake with their recent demonstrations.

I don't blame anybody in the world for wanting to come to the
United States of America, as it is a truly wonderful place.

But when the first thing you do when you set foot on American soil is illegal it is flat out wrong and I don't care how many lala land left heads come out of the woodwork and start trying
To give me sensitivity lessons.

I don't need sensitivity lessons, in fact I don't have any-thing against Mexicans! I just have something against criminals and anybody who comes into this country illegally is a criminal
And if you don't believe it try coming into America from a foreign country without a passport and see how far you get. What disturbs me about the demonstrations is that it's tanta-mount to saying, "I am going to come into your country even if
It means breaking your laws and there's nothing you can do about it."

It's an "in your face" action and speaking just for me, I don't like it one little bit and if there were a half dozen pairs of gonads in Washington bigger than English peas it wouldn't be happening.

Where are you, you bunch of lily livered, pantywaist, forked tongued, sorry excuses for defenders of The Constitution? Have you been drinking the water out of the Potomacagain?
And even if you pass a bill on immigration it will probably be so pork laden and watered down that it won't mean anything anyway Besides, what good is another law going to do when you
Won't enforce the ones on the books now?

And what ever happened to the polls, guys? I thought you folks were the quintessential finger wetters. Well you sure ain't paying any attention to the polls this time because somewhere around eighty percent of Americans want some thing done about this mess, and mess it is and getting bigger everyday.

This is no longer a problem, it is a dilemma and headed for being a tragedy. Do you honestly think that what happened in Francewith the Muslims can't happen here when the businesses who hire these people finally run out of jobs and a few million disillusioned Hispanics take to the streets?

If you, Mr. President, Congressmen and Senators, knuckle under on this and refuse to do something meaningful it means that you care nothing for the kind of country your children and grand-children will inherit.
But I guess that doesn't matter as long as you get re-elected.
Shame on you.
One of the big problems in America today is that if you have the nerve to say anything derogatory about any group of people (except Christians) you are going to be screamed at by the media and called a racist, a bigot and anything else they can think of to call you

Well I've been pounded by the media before and I'm still rockin' and rollin' and when it comes to speaking the truth I fear not.
And the truth is that the gutless, gonadless, milksop politicians are just about to sell out the United States of America because they don't have the intestinal fortitude to stand up to face reality.

And reality is that we would never allow any other group of people to have 12 million illegal in this country and turn around and say, "Oh it's ok, ya'll can stay here if you'll just allow us to slap your wrist."

And I know that some of you who read this column are saying "Well what's wrong with that?"
I'll tell you what's wrong with it. These people could be from Mars as far as we know. We don't know who they are, where they are or what they're up to and the way the Congress is going we're not going to.

Does this make sense? Labor force you say? We already subsidize corporate agriculture as it is, must we subsidize their labor as well?
If these people were from Haitiwould we be so fast to turn a blind eye to them or if they were from Somaliaor Afghanistan?
I think not.

All the media shows us are pictures of hard working Hispanics who have crossed the border just to try to better their life.
They don't show you pictures of the Feds rounding up members of MS 13, the violent gang who came across the same way the decent folks did. They don't tell you about the living conditions of the Mexican illegal some fat cat hired to pick his crop.

I want to make two predictions.

No. 1: This situation is going to grow and fester until it erupts in violence on our streets while the wimps in Washingtondrag their toes in the dirt and try to figure how many tons of political hay they can make to the acre.

No 2: Somebody is going to cross that border with some kind of weapon of mass destruction and set it off in a major American city after which there will be a backlash such as this country has never experienced and the Capitol building in Washington will probably tilt as Congressmen and Senators rush to the other side of the issue.

I don't know about you but I would love to see just one major politician stand up and say, "I don't care who I make mad and I don't care how many votes I lose, this is a desperate situation and I'm going to lead the fight to get it straightened out."
I don't blame anybody for wanting to come to America, but if you don't respect our immigration laws why should you respect any others?
And by the way, this is Americaand our flag has stars and stripes Please get that other one out of my face.

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels

Lifetime DIYer, Cowboy Action shooter, Gun collector

http://www.computer-adventure.com
Oldrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-22-2007, 03:21 PM   #2
ddmoit
Veteran DIYer -- Schluterville Graduate

Hi Eric,

I can appreciate your sentiment, and you sure do have a lot of company.

I have a problem with dismissing someone immediately, simply because they have broken a law. Now that would be fine if all laws were good and just. But we know they are not. So for me, the whole, the first thing they did was break our laws position doesn't fly.

I break laws all the time. I exceed the speed limit with great regularity. Some of the cans I turn in for deposit were not products purchased in my state (Michigan). I roll though stop signs when I know the streets are deserted. I avoid state sales tax by failing to report out-of-state purchases. I have shared prescription medicine with others. Some of our laws are so stupid and unjust that just about everyone is a law breaker these days (anyone who's not, I'd love to hear from you).

Finally, if I was a person who had the misfortune of being born on the wrong side of the Rio Grande, I would likely spend every waking hour trying to get across for the betterment of my family.

The only borders that I really care about are the ones to my property.

There are only two ways that immigrants bring harm, and they both require government intervention. The first way is when immigrants receive welfare of any kind. But that's not their fault. It is the fault of the government for forcibly confiscating wealth from rightful owners and redistributing it. The second group of people who are harmed are those whose livelihoods are artificially propped up by government coercion (just another form of welfare in my book). Immigrants tend to skirt artificial barriers to market entry set up by the government, such as licensing, and other regulations. As a proponent of the free market, I don't believe anyone is rightfully entitled to such protections anyway. I suspect most beneficiaries of such protection don't see it as a form of welfare - it's unpleasant to do so.

EDIT: On a more agreeable note, I do share your utter disdain for politicians. We can both toast to that. Maybe we will someday.

Last edited by ddmoit; 02-22-2007 at 03:48 PM.
ddmoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2007, 04:11 PM   #3
ddmoit

I can't help it, I have one more point to make.

There is a worse offender than our government in this mess. It's the government of Mexico. It's a crying shame that so many decent, hard-working people have to flee their country in order to better themselves. I blame the utter corruption of the government of Mexico. Had they been born in Mexico, many decent hard-working Americans who have had great success in these United States would likely have fared no better than some of the illegals who come here. It's nearly impossible to better yourself in Mexico. There is corruption and anti-free market road blocks everywhere you turn.
Unread 02-22-2007, 04:30 PM   #4
John Corley

"The only borders I really care about are the ones to my property"

Well at least we know where you stand on the issue.
Unread 02-22-2007, 04:39 PM   #5
MHI
Kitchen & Bath Remodeler

If you don't think crime hasn't gone up because of illegals, you are living in a fantasy world.

Illegals are here to make money, and they will get it anyway they can. They don't care about breaking laws, because nobody knows who they really are. I'll bet there is one walking around right now with your name on his fake drivers license.
Unread 02-22-2007, 04:50 PM   #6
ddmoit

Matt,

If you're suggesting that we should deport people simply because crime goes up, I could use that logic to deport whole inner-city neighborhoods (I don't know where we'd send them).

Of course crime goes up. When a whole class of people are denied access to the law, you'll have that. The same thing happened during The Prohibition. Overnight, law abiding businessmen found themselves without access to the law for their previously legitimate business.
Unread 02-22-2007, 04:57 PM   #7
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
Didn't we have this conversation a week or so ago?
John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase