Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box

Sponsors

Unread 05-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
Topspin
SchluterUgrad

Blue Tooth headphones

Anyone had any experience with BT headphones at work?

Tried ipod/iphone with corded earbud headphones and the cord always is a problem. So are those rotten standard iphone earbuds. They fall out of my ears. Tried the radio headphones but too sweaty and only really need the muffs for cutting not the other 90% of the time.

Thinking of something like these below.

Wondering if the back band would always be a problem when you look up, down and around. Thinking it might.

Any other BT headphones pass your test?

Battery life, weight, durability, sound quality, works at lower volume, etc.?

Gotta be better than making my clients listen to Rush and Hannity too.
Attached Images

Topspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 05-25-2013, 06:00 AM   #2
LGB
Tile Contractor -- Pennsylvania

I use them for work, with my phone. I always seem to get calls when my hands are messy and would rather not handle my phone. Bluetooth isn't perfect and I get drops for a second or so. It seems to happen more outside. I don't know if it is interference or what? I have these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plantronics-...item53ebd61778 and these http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-LG-TONE-...item257dfbdc19
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
Topspin
SchluterUgrad

Leon thanks. I just looked at the LG reviews and it said something I hadn't thought of, that with people who wear glasses you can't use over the ear headsets. Good point.

My use is for radio or podcast programming while working. AM talk radio mostly. Some music, podcast shows or training, and when I need relaxing music I stream KPOA from out in Isaac-land.

So I'll stop by someplace like best buy and try a few to see how they fit. The LG hoop thing looks like a hearing protector I wear sometimes, that you can hang around your neck when not using them. But they always rotated around with the hoop in the front and it was always a battle swinging them back in place. So I'm thinking the LG hoop kit might not work for me. Especially with pickin em up and layin em down, stand up, kneel down, ect.

Was hoping to hear that more people were using these things. But then I'm askin a crowd that still pulls mud like back in the 15th century.

Topspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #4
Hank B.

Kevin I just use nice ear buds with a mic. most pairs come with multiple sizes of little rubber thingies so they fit and block noise wonderfully. Get a nice pair not super cheap and just run the chord through your shirt.
Unread 05-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #5
HS345
Tile Contractor

I have a pair of those very BT headphones. I don't use them all that much. They work very well for listening to stuff, but when you use them for calls people complain that they can hear every little background noise blasting in their ear.

Here's my work rig. Sansa Clip Zip with decent pair of $10 in ear buds. I shorten the cord with a twist tie, and clip the unit to my shirt collar. The ear buds provide a degree of hearing protection. When making cuts or performing other loud tasks, I just slip on a pair of muffs over the buds and continue my listening enjoyment. Super easy to dry off one finger to reach up to my shirt collar for pause, rewind, etc.

Only problem with Rush/Hannity is, you have to pay for their podcasts. Mark Levin and Roger Hedgecock are still free though.
Attached Images

Unread 07-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #6
ob1kanobee

I just got these in the mail today. I've been charging them and they are blasting in my ears right now. Can get up and move pretty far from my iPhone too. Seems like they have pretty good reviews and the price is right. I just got up and walked halfway across the house no problem lol. I also like that they don't go in my ear but over the ear. Sound is great IMO. Read the reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rule number one in life: You go with what you got, imperfections and all.
ob1kanobee is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase