Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Cleaning, Restoration and Sealing

Sponsors

Unread 09-05-2022, 04:54 PM   #1
VC4113

Should I Seal Marble and Ceramic Tile?

Our tile installed just added new tile in the shower and accompanying niche. The niche has a quartz shelf and the tile on the back wall is marble and ceramic, specifically the Deplhi Sprig Tundra from Home Depot (forum won't let me post URL).

I heard somewhere that the marble should be sealed but when I asked installer he said we could but we don't have to and recommended Miracle Sealants 511 impregnator sealer.

After looking at all the different products I have no idea whether this is even necessary or the correct item.

My two questions are:
1) should this type of tile in the niche be sealed?
2) if the answer is yes, then is this 511 impregnator stuff the correct product, and if no, what do you recommend?

Thank you!!

Last edited by cx; 09-05-2022 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Add Link
VC4113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-05-2022, 05:07 PM   #2
cx
Moderator emeritus

Welcome, Steve.

1. I wouldn't bother. The only thing a penetrating sealer will do for your tiles is give you a little extra time to clean up spills before permanent staining takes place. Usually not a feature for shower installations, but that's entirely up to you. I would not bother.

2. The Miracle 511 would be fine if you decide to seal.

My opinion; worth price charged.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2022, 08:47 PM   #3
VC4113

Great, thank you for the advice. It sounds like as long as the tile is kept clean we should be ok not sealing.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase