Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Cleaning, Restoration and Sealing

Sponsors

Unread 06-13-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
DavesHammer

How to clean grout sealer from ceramic floor tile?

I applied TileLab grout sealer to our new kitchen floor tile. The tile now has a film along the grout lines. What should I use to remove the grout film from the ceramic tile? I tried water and also a mild soap. No luck.

Thanks
Unread 06-14-2010, 09:13 AM   #2
Stone Dude

I would try mineral spirits. let it sit on the surface for 30 seconds or so, then scrub with a terry cloth towel.

if that doesnt work you may be able to use a highly diluted solution of sulfamic acid crystals and a terry cloth towel.

doing this will most likely effect the sealer in the grout as well, I would plan on doing one more application. when you put the sealer in the grout, you can immediately buff the excess off the tile with a microfiber rag.

MilleStone Marble and Tile Inc.
MillestoneMarble.com
Stone Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2010, 09:53 PM   #3
doitright
Retired Tile & Stone Contractor

Hi Dave, Welcome!

What is the exact name of the Tile Lab product you used?

If it's a sealer and finish, you're dealing with a topical product. If this is the case, Tile Lab has a high alkaline cleaner called Tile Lab Heavy Duty Cleaner & Stripper that will do the trick.

Before you move forward we need to know the name of that product, because your options are all over the board.

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten."

New to the Forum? - Check this out!
doitright is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase