Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Old 07-05-2018, 07:34 AM   #1
Almquist

Target Wet Saw Repair

Hello. I'm new here. Not new to setting tile but new to here. Anyway, I have a Target wet saw needing repair. I've tried searching online to find a local repair shop but I'm hitting a brick wall. Honestly I'm having trouble finding local companies that sell tile tools. I've recently moved here. My helper placed the saw in the back of a pick-up and didn't close the gate. Of course when he drove off it flew out onto the road. It still works but won't cut straight. I'm not sure if it's the blade but I'm suspecting the whole frame is tweaked. I'm near the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro but online yellow pages aren't helping at all. Any info would sure be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Last edited by Almquist; 07-05-2018 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Add relevant info.
Almquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2018, 03:16 PM   #2
Davy
Moderator -- Mud Man

Hi Almquist, welcome. Target saws are tough but not that tough. The rails that the cart rolls on should be square with the blade. I would place a framers square on the cart so that it's barely touching the blade and roll the cart to see how much out of square it is.

www.davystephenstile.com
Davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 04:27 PM   #3
Almquist

Assuming the frame is bent, do you know if this is repairable? Any how do I go about finding a repair shop? I've tried searching for a Target dealer but I'm not finding anything. I really don't know where to go from here.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:16 PM   #4
Davy
Moderator -- Mud Man

On both my Target saws, the rails the cart rolls on is fastened to the metal tub. I assume yours is the same. The tub rests on the saw frame and has adjustments to tweak it each direction.

I don't know if it's repairable or not. depends how bad it's bent. Did the tub come off the truck too or just the saw itself?

I've never known of a tile saw dealer to work on saws but I could be wrong. A good metal fabricator might could help.

www.davystephenstile.com
Davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 05:22 PM   #5
tilelayer
South East PA Tile Contractor

Almquist

Parts are few and far in between. If the frame is bent (the blue part) you can find an old saw on craigslist and use parts off it. All new parts are husqvarna brand, some will work, some won't. Like Davy said there's 2 nuts and bolts on each rail on the pan, you can loosen them and adjust them to resquare the saw. Also the saw head has 4 bolts that hold it to the round bar, you can loosen them and slide the motor assembly left or right but the older saws the nuts and bolts tent to be rusted up pretty well.

I constantly check craigslist for homeowner bought target with low mileage. When i find one i buy it and get rid of one of my older saws. Good luck!

***New Here?? Click here to add your name to your signature***

Check out my Blog and see my latest tiling projects!

Specializing in Kerdi Showers
tilelayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase