Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box

Sponsors

Old 07-19-2018, 09:08 AM   #1
Just In Tile LLC

Be more with less

An American investment banker was at the pier of a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellowfin tuna. The American complimented the Mexican on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took to catch them.

The Mexican replied, “only a little while. The American then asked why didn’t he stay out longer and catch more fish? The Mexican said he had enough to support his family’s immediate needs. The American then asked, “but what do you do with the rest of your time?”

The Mexican fisherman said, “I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take siestas with my wife, Maria, stroll into the village each evening where I sip wine, and play guitar with my amigos. I have a full and busy life.” The American scoffed, “I am a Harvard MBA and could help you. You should spend more time fishing and with the proceeds, buy a bigger boat. With the proceeds from the bigger boat, you could buy several boats, eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats. Instead of selling your catch to a middleman you would sell directly to the processor, eventually opening your own cannery. You would control the product, processing, and distribution. You would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to Mexico City, then LA and eventually New York City, where you will run your expanding enterprise.”

The Mexican fisherman asked, “But, how long will this all take?”

To which the American replied, “15 – 20 years.”

“But what then?” Asked the Mexican.

The American laughed and said, “That’s the best part. When the time is right you would announce an IPO and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich, you would make millions!”

“Millions – then what?”

The American said, “Then you would retire. Move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take siestas with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip wine and play your guitar with your amigos.”
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2018, 10:13 AM   #2
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
That's a pretty good one, Justin. Too bad it doesn't work in the States.
John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:21 PM   #3
Just In Tile LLC

True John, but if one actively tries to simplify life's wants and needs, you could experience a taste of it I think. Probably not the way to have the biggest house on the block though.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:14 PM   #4
smifwal

I have worked in a lot of nice homes and as a youngster I thought one day I am going to have a house like one of these. As I get older and wiser I realized that people only use a portion of their houses and rest is just wasted space that needs to be heated and cooled and filled with furniture. My dream home is a 50x96 barn with a 500 sqft apartment. Living room,kitchen, bathroom and a bedroom with a walk in closet
Old 07-19-2018, 07:14 PM   #5
Just In Tile LLC

I've seen the same thing Shawn, I just finished a lakehouse shower that will get used maybe 10 times a year. Meanwhile tomorrow after work I'll be fishing on a private lake at the house with that porch I was posting about in the private forum I tiled. He has 300+ acres... with our trade we kinda have the opportunity to network and know the guy with a boat without the headache of owning one. He also told me to raid his garden and get all the goodies I want.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:47 PM   #6
smifwal

sadly I am not in the private forum I will just be over here by myself getting drunk
Old 07-19-2018, 09:05 PM   #7
Just In Tile LLC

Shawn, shawn, shawn... Did you apply? I'm sippin Sam 76'.... not a bad brew. Just finished all my bids for the week
Old 07-19-2018, 09:32 PM   #8
smifwal

How would one go about applying? I might not be worthy and get denied. That would crush my heart. I am drink Bush light it to is a fine brew
Old 07-19-2018, 09:45 PM   #9
Just In Tile LLC

http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/...editusergroups

Bud light made with corn not rice = Bush light or so the Budweiser man told me.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:50 AM   #10
smifwal

I must not like rice cause I think bud light tastes like piss. I have had many a different beers and daily I am cheap bastard and go to the Bush. But I enjoy a IPA here and there when I am feeling rich. I got friend that home brews and at a big trail race he brings a few kegs out for the runners and volunteers. Yes you read that right drinking beer and running through the woods chasing hot girls in short shorts I think I ran 30 miles that day
Attached Images

Last edited by smifwal; 07-20-2018 at 08:56 AM.
smifwal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:28 AM   #11
Just In Tile LLC

Sounds like my kind of event Shawn!!!
Old 07-21-2018, 07:19 AM   #12
Just In Tile LLC

The lake/large pond a couple buds and I hit yesterday
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2018, 07:20 AM   #13
Just In Tile LLC

Sunset
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2018, 12:24 PM   #14
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
I like the lake, pond and sunset. Light beer? Any light beer? Why bother?

On the size of houses, I agree that most people have too much space. My house in the Texas hills is 1200 square feet (with 800 square feet of wrap-around covered porch. The second floor is guest quarters. We hardly ever go up there.
John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:16 PM   #15
Just In Tile LLC

Roasting the eggplant I took from the garden for baba ganoush. Rolling rock is the hot weather beer today.
Attached Images

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase