Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Professionals' Hangout

Sponsors

Unread 03-09-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
CSS

DON'T screw tilebacker on curb thats what mud & wire are for

Dont put any screws trough the pan material. This means the bottom 8-10" of wall and most importantly the curb no screws in top or inside of curb. Not that I dont appreciate the work but I really feel bad for some of these people.
The first pictures are the right way I have many more of the rest. It cant be waterproof with a bunch of screws in it. A little hint use the excess pan material to tuck under edges and corners of metal lathe so you dont poke the pan with that either. If you use the factory edge of tilebacker for outside of curb screw in level and use this for screed to mud top also hold lathe in place.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase