Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box

Sponsors

Closed Thread
Unread 02-27-2015, 07:33 PM   #1
Kilauea
LT

Forum Rules

This incident happened today that has me trippin!

I make this statement-

Quote:
posted by a lower forum species (myself)

CX,kind of surprises me that you arent just a watcher but choose to engage with the.....should you say....lower forum species/being the big fish in the pond,lol.
Then CX posts this not long afterwards-

Quote:
posted by CX

I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea what point you might have been making there, LT. None at all.
Seems to be a very civil debate.If anything,I mean anything was uncivil,disrespectful,or insulting I would certainly think that CX above anyone else including JB would make that call.In fact CX would be on me like white on rice if I was.He definitely is not scared of me.He is not at all bashful about calling me or anyone else out.

OK.Here is the problem.

Joe Gleason posts this after CX,after multplr other posts,and days later!-

Quote:
posted by Jgleason

Nice insult...now knock it off.

Ok,Joe.So you are basically saying that CX cant moderate in his own arena.By you jumping in after he read my post youre are literally saying that CX cannot do his job.Its like a referee who is running followiing a fast break layup,but then the ref on the complet other end of the court (who is too tired to run the floor) blows his whistle and says he was fouled in the act of shooting.This is whats happening now.

So why is Joe correcting me,and putting me on blast when CX was right there in the conversation?

There can be only one answer.If I was out of line in anyway shape or form,it wouldve been addressed by he who is in the highest forum species class-CX.

So why did JOE insinuate that once again the bully-name calling-life threatening- axe murderer LT is breaking the rules?Hmmmm.Probably just doesnt like me for whatever reason.So whenever I actually do say,"person,you are a complete geek (tile geek).I am going to beat you with my mallet and strangle u with my broken chalkline".Then you can say....well I have all these times "LT" insulted,and threatened,and accused and blah and blah..(excuse Im about to vomit).

Well thanks,Joe.Since CX is completely incapacited of deciphiring what is or isnt an insult and a "forum rule break",Im sure glad you were able to straighten it all out!

2nd generation tile installer

Last edited by Kilauea; 02-27-2015 at 08:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-27-2015, 07:51 PM   #2
cx
Moderator emeritus

C'mon, Lt, if you're wanting to stir up a controversy, let's at least try to be somewhat accurate about it.

The context was this thread and my post (#190), in it's entirety, was as follows:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT
As far as disagreeing.If you are watching someone smoke a cigar,and someone tells you that it is the cold air coming out of their mouth.Are they disagreeing with you?
I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea what point you might have been making there, LT. None at all.
I made it quite clear what you said that I didn't understand.

What any of it has to do with forum rules I also don't understand.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
Unread 02-27-2015, 08:02 PM   #3
cx
Moderator emeritus

And it's gonna be difficult to have any meaningful exchange if you continue to alter the original post. I'll be happy to delete this thread and let you start over when you have better collected your thoughts on the issue, or, better yet, you could make your comments on the thread where your perceived controversy took place, eh?

Unread 02-27-2015, 08:30 PM   #4
jgleason
Retired Moderator - Theatre Guy (and computers)

When I do a more thorough reading of Lt's post I can see his reference to lower forum species wasn't meant the way I first read it. Never the less, I didn't remotely threaten any consequence to LT, just a mild rebuke to "knock it off." To think that has caused such a dramatic reaction is a bit puzzling to me. I'm sorry LT. Didn't mean you to get paranoid about being banned or anything.

Let me clarify something since there seems to be a misconception by LT regarding moderator powers - it is exceptionally rare that any member on the forum is banned and when that does happen it is not one moderator acting alone. Discussions among the moderators is routine and normally stretch on for quite some time before a serious action is taken. I recall several folks assigning the blame to me for Gueuzeman being banned when in fact, he was banned after lengthy discussion by the mods regarding his behavior.

Moderators here on the forum aren't here for money or power. We simply enjoy helping the forum operate smoothly. Mods are also human and therefore don't read every situation perfectly. That and as the saying goes - you can't please everybody.

I'll keep doing what I do around here until the forum owners ask me to step down or until I don't find the task enjoyable any more.
Unread 02-27-2015, 08:40 PM   #5
jgleason

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT
So why did JOE insinuate that once again the bully-name calling-life threatening- axe murderer LT is breaking the rules?Hmmmm.Probably just doesnt like me for whatever reason.So whenever I actually do say,"person,you are a complete geek (tile geek).I am going to beat you with my mallet and strangle u with my broken chalkline".Then you can say....well I have all these times "LT" insulted,and threatened,and accused and blah and blah..(excuse Im about to vomit).
This seems to be mostly new stuff added by LT while I was composing my previous post just above this.

LT - Sorry dude, you are reading way too much into this. I have no feelings towards you one way or the other. I think you need to calm down and not take things so personally. I do not keep a record of any name-calling or bullying behavior you may have exhibited in the past.

Really, as a moderator I try to calm situations down and point out to folks when they are stepping over the line. Mods aren't infallible and sometimes make the wrong call but what do you expect from a bunch of volunteers? Perfection? I wish.
Unread 02-27-2015, 10:14 PM   #6
HS345
Tile Contractor

Unread 02-27-2015, 10:28 PM   #7
Kilauea
LT

Quote:
posted by jgleason

LT - Sorry dude, you are reading way too much into this. I have no feelings towards you one way or the other. I think you need to calm down and not take things so personally. I do not keep a record of any name-calling or bullying behavior you may have exhibited in the past.

Really, as a moderator I try to calm situations down and point out to folks when they are stepping over the line. Mods aren't infallible and sometimes make the wrong call but what do you expect from a bunch of volunteers? Perfection? I wish.
Naw,dude.F that (forget).Who the hell ever tells u you to knock it off.Who do u think u are?

I think you need to chill out and go beat someone else with your forum night stick.Im tired of you and your responses to my posts.I havent responded to nothing that you have ever tried to share on this forum.OK,dude?Why?I could care less what you have to say or debate about.But yet,you have some "inner" need to try and treat people like me like a female dog.Why in the world would anyone want to tell people crap like "knock it off" on a tile forum (they arent even a tile guy),kick people off,and contribute to great tile artisans being expelled?But yet you pop up like whack-a-mole to some of my posts,and say the most smart ass and ficticious comments.

Im not reading horse dung into this.

IF I INSULTED ANYONE CX SHOULDVE BEEN THE ONE TO CORRECT ME!

Last edited by Kilauea; 02-28-2015 at 11:29 AM.
Unread 02-27-2015, 11:07 PM   #8
JTile
Southern Delaware Tile Contractor

It is true. Many here know it.

Joe has in the past, and has himself acknowledged, that his pesersonal views on different topics in the mud box has influenced his "moderator" posts. I can go back and find it to copy the exact exchange but I'm feeling lazy.

But so be it. Its John's forum. Joe's a mod. Sometimes he pulls the mod card because he doesn't like what others have to say. That's their perogative.

There's no reason to get all pissy about it. Simply don't post non tile related stuff here if you don't like the way you're treated. There's a million other places to do so if you want.

That's my thoughts about it, but I'm sure this whole thread will get deleted in short time anyway.

Kyle's Tile LLC
Ocean View, Delaware
www.KylesTile.com

Unread 02-27-2015, 11:33 PM   #9
cx
Moderator emeritus

LT, Joe has acknowledged that he misinterpreted your post as referring to others rather than to yourself. I find it an easy misunderstanding myself. So, you've got your apology, now let it be.

As for you deciding which moderator should or should not correct anyone here on the forums, that's not the way it works. Our moderators have a great deal of latitude in dealing with situations that come up on the forums and we intend to keep it that way. I think as a group they do a rather splendid job of keeping the peace here and I think if you'll take a few steps back and look again with an objective eye you'll come to the same conclusion.

Let's all put this to rest and move on.

Unread 02-28-2015, 12:36 AM   #10
Jim Farrell Tiler
dont blame me i didnt vote for him

i blame the chemtrails
Unread 02-28-2015, 06:16 AM   #11
Peerless Tile
Tile Contractor

Molehill 2 Mountain rather quickly.
Unread 02-28-2015, 07:16 AM   #12
jgleason

Some people just don't know how to accept an apology. Such is life.

Justin - yes, at times, when participating actively in a mud box discussion, it is difficult to then have to do mod duty on the same thread. I try not to let that happen but, not being perfect, don't always succeed. As you said, I also acknowledge that publicly in the forum. Deleting threads or posts is a rare occurrence, not sure why you think this one will be deleted.

Anyway, it is a beautiful sunny day in New Hampshire, starting the day at 2 degrees below zero and hopeful it will get up to the mid twenties today. Near spring-like around these parts.

You all carry on as you see fit here in this thread. I've nothing further to add to the topic.
Unread 02-28-2015, 11:09 AM   #13
mullet
░░░░░░░

the mods here bend over backwards to be nice. If they can tolerate me they can tolerate anyone.
Unread 02-28-2015, 11:44 AM   #14
mark11755
Old Guy

Attached Images

Unread 02-28-2015, 11:53 AM   #15
Kilauea
LT

Quote:
Posted by CX

As for you deciding which moderator should or should not correct anyone here on the forums, that's not the way it works.
[b]No,no,no.Lets not stray from the issue.Why couldnt you have made the call to not insult?Why did Joe deem it necessary to override a situation that you clearly had a full grasp on?

What are you sorry for Joe?

1.Are you sorry for making CX look like he is incapable of moderating?

2.Are you sorry for once again making me out to be this ficticious forum rule breaker?If so perhaps you are sorry for the last 4 times you pulled this same stunt,eh.

3.Or are you sorry for telling me to "Knock it Off"?What a nice choice of words.Who ever says that anyways?Lemme tell you what.Im actually a real flesh and blood person.Im not just some internet troll who likes to blast people and hide in the shadows.I told you before,and Ill tell you again.People dont talk to me that way in "real" life.I would expect the same thing on a forum where I know most of yall.This is not a threat like you tried to insinuate on a previous attempt.Its reality.I dont think you would tell me or anyone on this forum to "knock it off".This just says alot about who you are,or think you are.Do you tell other men that in real life?Dad?

4.Or perhaps you may be sorry today for trying to dodge the real issues with smoke and mirrors.

The fact is,no one has really given a direct reply on the true subject matter.

Either way its cool.I think the more the true subject matter is avoided speaks volume.

Quote:
posted by Kyle

But so be it. Its John's forum. Joe's a mod. Sometimes he pulls the mod card because he doesn't like what others have to say. That's their perogative.
It shouldnt be that way.We should shape our reality.The forum is a great place where most of my buds used to contribute alot to.Now there arent many left.If no one speaks ,there just gonna get lazy and go elswhere.I for one have gotten used to navigating the forum,and am quite lazy to learn other social media like FB.

Last edited by Kilauea; 02-28-2015 at 12:05 PM.
Closed Thread

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase