Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 07-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #1
jmilana

preferred grout for ceramic subway tiles

I've always used polyblend for everything subway. Showers, backsplashes, etc. Anything new or better I could consider? I will be doing some medium to dark grey with white tiles. Thanks!
Unread 07-05-2014, 12:29 PM   #2
Peerless Tile
Tile Contractor

Some of the newer single component grouts are pretty popular.....Fusion by Custom or Flex color CQ by Mapei are a few to mention. Check out the "pros hangout" for commentary on them.
Unread 07-05-2014, 04:38 PM   #3
carrud
Learnin alla time

I'm not a pro. I have had the opportunity to use both the Flex Color CQ and the Fusion Pro. In fact, just used the Fusion Pro today on a 13 x 15 floor. I'm pretty happy with it. Previously, I used the Flex Color CQ on my floor at home because I read where some folks had problem with Fusion Pro pulling out of the joint. Today I used the Fusion Pro when helping a neighbor on his floor and he bought from HD. I loved using the Fusion Pro. I had no problem with it pulling out of the joints. It cleaned up pretty well. Need to be understanding of the new way to apply and clean up this type of grout, but if you attack it with patience and understanding I think you will be happy with either of these grouts.

They have so many benefits beyond what the Polyblend offers you. A little more work to apply but many benefits for the life of the floor.

Just some thoughts from someone who has no valuable knowledge.

-Clark

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase