Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Professionals' Hangout

Sponsors

Old 07-13-2016, 05:04 PM   #1
TilingSam

National Tile Contractors Association

Hi,

Recently at a show I across folks who had been certified by National Tile Contractors Association. I thought I should ask the professionals on this forum on their take on National Tile Contractors Association and the value provided by their training and membership. They also work closely with Ceramic Tile Education Foundation.

Is that something valued by you folks and customers?

Thanks,

Sam

Last edited by TilingSam; 07-13-2016 at 05:51 PM.
TilingSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2016, 08:10 PM   #2
Tiger Mountain Tile Inc
tile lackey

Hi Sam

Many of our contractor members are NTCA members also. Not to nit pick words but I think it should be made clear that the NTCA doesn't certify members in that way. You can apply to become a 5 star NTCA contractor but that's getting into something different.

I've been a member for a few years now and it's one of the better choices I've made in business. I think there's a tremendous amount of value in joining.

Weather my customers value it or not I don't really care. I join because I know it helps me be a better contractor.

If I may ask, what was it that peaked your interest in the organization?
Old 07-13-2016, 08:12 PM   #3
cx
Da Home Builder

Sam, if you'll type ntca into the Advanced Search feature and ask for Titles you'll find lots and lots of discussion of that organization.

There is benefit for any tile installer to be a member of that organization.

Participating in their certification program? Not so much, in my opinion, but you'll find lots of other opinions about that.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:00 AM   #4
MAPEI - Technical Service
Company Representative

We work closely with and financially support NTCA and CTEF because we firmly believe in their value to the industry. We advocate using installers that have been through the training programs with our specifications and recommendations. We do this because installation issues are the cause of the vast majority of the failures we see. MAPEI trains thousands of installers every year but these are product trainings. The certifications you can obtain through ACT and other training programs give you a good education on the industry recommendations for installation.

http://www.mapei.com/US-EN/
MAPEI Product Tech Support Hotline 1-800-992-6273
MAPEI - Technical Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:01 AM   #5
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
Just to clarity things (or further muddy the waters), it is the CTEF, Ceramic Tile Education Foundation, that does the certifying. The NTCA and the TCNA are sponsors of it.
John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:14 PM   #6
TilingSam

Hi Jim,

NTCA piqued my interest because a. I wasn't aware of them, and b. wanted to hear from the Professionals here what they think of this organization.

CX, you are right that I should've search on NTCA first. I apologize.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:36 PM   #7
Tiger Mountain Tile Inc
tile lackey

Hi Sam, I was just curious if you had any specific questions. I'm not sure what area you are in but they do a traveling show and visit every area once per year. We just had ours about a month ago. There's probably a calendar you can check somewhere.

Feel free to contact Jim Olson if you have questions or want to sign up. 601-939-2071.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:04 AM   #8
jcsa
Tile Contractor

Ntca

Sam,
Joining the NTCA was the best check i have ever written for my business. I have been a member since 1985. The benefits are tremendous. It is the only tile contracting association in the US and the best in the world. Countries across the globe are trying to emulate what the NTCA is doing. The vouchers pay for your membership. Going to Covering's, Total Solutions, Surfaces and networking with members has been an incredible learning experience. I could go on and on, but i would strongly consider joining and take advantage of the offering. John Cox

jcsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:25 AM   #9
Cain
Cain

Just join. You won't regret it.
Certified Tile Installer #362
Serving the metro Atlanta area

Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:23 PM   #10
pgc555

It is probably stated many times in other threads but one great benefit is the vendor vouchers for materials.... $1800 value... And YES, even I am a member ( finally )

http://www.edgestripkits.com/
pgc555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase