Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Cleaning, Restoration and Sealing

Sponsors

Unread 10-25-2009, 07:01 AM   #16
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
"I never wipe down my shower. Last thing I wanna do after I take a shower is have to wipe it down. Of course I spend all day regrouting and recaulking showers so I am not gonna have a tile shower. The one piece formica showers look great, come in hundreds of patterns, are cheaper then tile and not GROUT." -- Troy, Seattle Tile Cleaner

Got news for you. I have a plastic stall shower in my RV. We wipe it down.

To all:

Everybody I talk to tells me they have "hard" water. Makes no difference where I'm at or what the water source is. Lots of folks just shake their head in disgust when we talk about water. I generally tell people that anything you leave water on will eventually be destroyed. Keep it wiped off, and the item, be it shower, sink top, whatever, and it will last virtually forever.

I tell people that the Kerdi showers I build are mold free -- with one caveat: the wall/floor transition can hold moisture longer than the other grout joints (I do grout that joint -- no ugly caulking in my showers). I tell them to pay particular attention to that when they wipe down the shower. I advise wiping down the entire shower, right to the drain.
John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2009, 02:52 PM   #17
ih8caulk

Merry Christmas to my shower......

OK, so the wife got me some o' them thar SHAMWOW's for the cars/shower. I've loved "The Absorber" for years on the cars but was just using regular old cotton towels for the shower with great success.

Gonna give the shamwow a go & see what kind of results it provides. If not satisfactory, I'll definitely go right back to cotton towels, but shamwows have a unique texture that might work "ok" (especially compared to the rubbery-feeling "Absorber") but we'll see.

Will post verdict after a good wipe-down!

Randy's Shower Project 2009
ih8caulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2009, 03:55 PM   #18
ih8caulk

Well, that didn't take long.

Shamwow = epic fail (not good)

There is NO WAY I would use those suckers on anything other than perhaps a water-disaster cleanup. Those have to be the worst chamois/chamois substitute I have ever used in my life.

They do absorb water well enough, they just don't "DRY" anything. Oh well, maybe this'll help someone in the future.

Randy's Shower Project 2009
ih8caulk is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase