Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Cleaning, Restoration and Sealing

Sponsors

Unread 09-14-2019, 03:17 PM   #1
mike browning

Grout staining issues after clean and seal

Just had our ceramic tile floor cleaned and sealed by a "no residue" tile cleaning company. When the process was done and dry we noticed throughout the entire house areas where parts of the grout still appeared wet. Well it never dried and looks horrible. The cleaning company came back and recleaned a small section and removed the sealer and nothing changed. Then they used a product which removed a small sliver of the grout and still nothing changed. So it appears the stained section must extend through the entire section of the grout. Any ideas of what it is and how it can be rectified? If these stained sections of the grout are regrouted the colors will never match I fear.
Attached Images

Unread 09-16-2019, 09:29 AM   #2
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
Hi Mark,

I'm not sure which is the desired color, but if it's the darker gray I think there might be a little residue of something on the surface. In an out-of-the-way spot scratch the surface with an old screwdriver to see if the darker grout is just beneath the surface. If that's the case, I would recommend trying a mixture on 1:1 white vinegar and water. You'll need to scrub and then rinse thoroughly with clean water.
John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase