Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box

Sponsors

Old 12-01-2018, 11:11 PM   #1
Jim Farrell Tiler
dont blame me i didnt vote for him

RIP MR Bush

''''''
Old 12-02-2018, 09:22 AM   #2
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
Thank you, Jim. It's all that's being talked about on the tube.
John Bridge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:34 AM   #3
Lazarus
Texas Tile Contractor

A fine man and a great Leader...

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
Lazarus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:22 PM   #4
Lazarus
Texas Tile Contractor

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...to/2189298002/

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
Old 12-05-2018, 03:25 PM   #5
Lazarus
Texas Tile Contractor

President Bush demonstrated his class when, after being defeated in an ugly campaign, he left a kind letter to Bill Clinton in the Oval Office. He wrote in part: "There will be very tough times, made even more difficult by criticism you may not think is fair. I'm not a very good one to give advice; but just don't let the critics discourage you or push you off course. You will be our President when you read this note. I wish you well. I wish your family well. Your success now is our country's success. I am rooting hard for you." (That letter stands in stark contrast to the Clinton regime's actual tenure and, notably, the fact that they and their staff vandalized and looted the White House upon their departure.)

Notably, in another letter to his granddaughter after leaving office, he wrote, "I was right when I said, as President, there can be no definition of a successful life that does not include service to others." Indeed, his life was characterized by service to others, and the same can be said of his sons George and Jeb in their years of public service.

I will remember President Bush best through a few quotes that best capture his character the talk he walked.

"There is a God and He is good, and His love, while free, has a self-imposed cost: We must be good to one another."

"America is never wholly herself unless she is engaged in high moral principle. We as a people have such a purpose today. It is to make kinder the face of the nation and gentler the face of the world."

"In crucial things, unity. In important things, diversity. In all things, generosity."

"This is America ... a brilliant diversity spread like stars, like a thousand points of light in a broad and peaceful sky."

"Be bold in your caring, be bold in your dreaming and above all else, always do your best."

"No problem of human making is too great to be overcome by human ingenuity, human energy, and the untiring hope of the human spirit."

"We know what works: Freedom works. We know what's right: Freedom is right. We know how to secure a more just and prosperous life for man on Earth: through free markets, free speech, free elections, and the exercise of free will unhampered by the state."

"The anchor in our world today is freedom, holding us steady in times of change, a symbol of hope to all the world."

"Losing is never easy. Trust me; I know something about that."

"Tell the truth. Don't blame people. Be strong. Do your best. Forgive. Stay the course."

"I do not mistrust the future. I do not fear what is ahead. For our problems are large, but our heart is larger. Our challenges are great, but our will is greater. And if our flaws are endless, God's love is truly boundless."

Old 12-07-2018, 05:25 AM   #6
Davy
Moderator -- Mud Man

I just finished a job yesterday for a man that knew the Bush family fairly well. This homeowner showed me some pictures of him and Mr. Bush together and he had nothing but good things to say about him. I could tell he was really saddened by his passing.

www.davystephenstile.com
Davy is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase