Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 11-07-2005, 02:49 PM   #16
Bultar

Send a message via AIM to Bultar
Wow - great looking stuff! Is that an extravagant hobby? Or do you sell your work? (have a web site?)
Unread 11-07-2005, 03:10 PM   #17
woodguy

Hi Bryan,

I'm a carpenter by trade and a furniture desiner/builder by choice.

Yes, from time to time I sell some of my work. No web page to speak of, never needed one.

I've built the cabinets for our bathroom and I can't wait to install them but there is the tile work to do first................this work makes me nervous.

Again, let me tell you that I'm out of my element when it comes to doing tile work and I'm very greatfull to all who have helped me so far.

Regards
Gord

woodguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2005, 04:51 PM   #18
geekette

I'll take either hall table (although I'll probably leave the box o' kleenex). I love the mixed woods.

</off topic>
Unread 11-08-2005, 07:26 AM   #19
silverfox

Hi again, Gord...Bob (bbcamp) has answered the question you asked about regarding my post to this thread...and he knows what he's talking about. I just thought I'd mention the backer or Ditra since nobody else did. If you have a height problem I think your choice of Ditra is a good one. In an area that small it'll be cheap insurance. Go to the Schluter website and you can download the installation handbook...it has all the info you need. And you can buy it from the Tile Experts on this site or, for such a small area, you can get it at Home Depot. You'll get better help and info from the Tile Experts though. BTW...very nice wood working...I'm a woodworker of sorts when I'm not building or remodeling. I like art in wood and your stuff is very creative. Most people don't realize the work that goes into things like your tables. The joinery etc. Very nice work. Good luck with your tile job...with your plan I don't think you will ever have problems with that floor. With the help of the guys here on this forum I'm doing about a 150 sq ft floor and shower job in a 100 year old house from the joists on up. I've built a lot of things but never did tile work. I'm glad I found this forum because now I know that I will never have a problem with my floor failing either. It's always a great feeling knowing that you did something the correct way and can live with it without worry.
Mike
silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase