Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 03-01-2020, 10:55 PM   #46
cx
Moderator emeritus

Mmmm, PC? I think your "current project" is not in competition in Art's stated category of "bath remodel job," eh? I believe the time frame for competition in the "really a new house" category is not at all the same. Nice try, though.

I do know for sure we have a "bath remodel job" out there that exceeded four years before completion. No idea where to find it, so you just gotta take my word for it.

Or not.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2020, 06:31 PM   #47
Dopey696

As for the epoxy grout. Don't breath the dust! When mixing the components I would suggest an N95 mask. Where I live you can go to any hospital and they'll give you a disposable N95 mask, maybe you can do the same. It is very finely ground silica sand, very dusty if not careful and slow. You have, if I remember right, about 20-30 minutes before it starts to set, make sure you don't leave it on the face of the tile it's really hard to get off later. Epoxy grout may be a bit of overkill for standard residential use, however I was thinking of doing the same for a bathroom that previously flooded. We used to use it when I did tile for winery's to keep all the chemicals from seeping through

Last edited by Dopey696; 03-03-2020 at 06:41 PM.
Dopey696 is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase