Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Professionals' Hangout

Sponsors

Unread 04-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #61
MNTileGuy
Central Texas Tile Guy

Well, after some thought, um, prolly too much thought, I decided on this guy after all: http://www.amazon.com/Lackmond-WTS95.../dp/B0038MSURC Must be fairly new to the market since I can't find any reviews on it, so I be the guinea pig I guess. I'll be sure to report back once I get to try it out.

It's still compact/lightweight but has more capacity and features than the tm-75 did. Seems like peoples thoughts on the Mk exp-370 are mixed, so figured I'd take a chance on an unknown. Plus, it's pretty hard to argue with the price of the Lackmond... Wish me luck!
MNTileGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #62
tilejoe

Hey Brad!! i feel your pain with the imer...'bout ready to turn it into a goddam boat anchor, or maybe have an old fashion lynching :X

I have the lowes version of the saw you bought. its loud as hell, but, if you manage your expectations, it is a good little saw. the tray will bind on you if you push more with your left hand vs your right. actually, try to always push the tray with your right hand right over the rail. i think its good enough for the smaller projects.

Infinite Ceramic & Stone
www.infiniteceramic.com
NTCA Pennsylvania State Rep
CTEF Certified Installer #769
tilejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #63
Hank B.

Please let us know, i just sold my qep rail saw, 1st generation, I believe, great saw got about 10 yrs out of it, needed constant adjustment though. My felker tile master just got dismantled for parts and my felker tile master xl just won't fit in a bathroom.
Unread 04-27-2012, 06:04 AM   #64
tileguytodd
Official Felker Fanatic

http://www.contractorsdirect.com/Til...7-Wet-Tile-Saw

At 43 lbs I think the setups better than any grinder motor type saw.

Best built, compact, light weight, wet tile saw. Meant for everyday use unlike grinder motor wet tile saws
Free combination 45/90° rip guide, 7" Premium tile blade, and 45° miter guide
Compact, rugged frame assembly - sturdy steel frame design yet portable and easy to transport (43 lbs.) and store
Motor - UL/CSA approved 115V, 1 HP 15 Amp belt driven electric motor with thermal overload protection
Water pan - high impact thermal plastic tray that will not rust nor bend out of shape
Conveyor cart - rugged cast aluminum table with heavy duty injected molded rubber padding. Industrial ball bearing rollers ensure smooth, precise cart movement
Water Pump - powerful, maintenance free submersible pump provides high volume water flow.
Water Cooled Blade Shaft Bearing Assembly - high flow water recirculating system designed to keep crucial bearing components running cooler
Aluminum Blade Guard - hardy cast guard designed to evenly distribute water to the blade, and to easily position for blade changes
Support Jigs - combination 45/90° rip guide and 45° miter block included
Features
Lightweight, compact tile saw that provides power plus portability long lasting support and lightweight convenience.
A powerful 1 HP electric motor connects to standard 115V outlets and provides thermal overload protection.
An innovative water-cooled bearing assembly works in conjunction with the water pump to keep key bearing components running cooler.
The thermal plastic water tray reservoir will not rust nor bend out of shape.
The saw comes complete with premium tile blade, high flow water pump, and aluminum angle jigs.

Folding stand not included. ( who would want it when 2 plastic folding saw horses & a chunk of Plywood are cheaper and are already In your tool inventory)
DIMENSIONS & WEIGHTS

Overall Length 30 in 762 mm
Overall Width 19 in (483 mm)
Overall Height 18 in (457 mm)
Operating Weight 43 lb (20 kg)
Unread 04-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #65
Sprung831
Tile Tool Guy

Brad, good luck with the new saw! I just ordered one for the showroom today, so make sure you post some feedback on it
www.tiletools.com
Sprung831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #66
ceramictec
Tampa Florida Tile Contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtileGuy
Well, after some thought, um, prolly too much thought, I decided on this guy after all: http://www.amazon.com/Lackmond-WTS95.../dp/B0038MSURC Must be fairly new to the market since I can't find any reviews on it, so I be the guinea pig I guess. I'll be sure to report back once I get to try it out.
Lackmond has been around for a long time, I just talked to them at Coverings, nice guys.
but I would have picked a beefier saw then that little grinder one.
are you just cutting wall tile for back splashes with it ?
..............^^--Check out our Blog--^^
Tampa Installer of Laticrete HydroBan/HydroBan Board
......Tampa Installer of Schluter Kerdi/Kerdi-Board
..................."Tampa Waterproofed Tile Showers"
..............Porcelain - Travertine - Ceramic - Glass Tile
ceramictec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:19 AM   #67
MNTileGuy
Central Texas Tile Guy

I intentionally passed on a beefier one as I'll still break out the Imer for anything that requires "more beef". I'm envisioning this as my "go to" saw for 13" by 13"'s or smaller unless it's really hard porcelain or something.

I just liked the light weight and the tilting/plunging head. Guess we'll see. If for some reason it royally sucks, at least I'm not out a ton of $.
Unread 04-30-2012, 04:11 AM   #68
tileguytodd
Official Felker Fanatic

See, me and Brian think alike...grinder motor saws just are not very good choices for someone who will use the saw more than a homeowner.
Besides, Any Tileman that Logo's Coffee cups is doing well enough you should listen to him

Yep, I still got it and still use it Brian( when I can get to it before the wifey grabs it)
Unread 04-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #69
ceramictec
Tampa Florida Tile Contractor

I had a MK 770 I think it was called back in the mid 90's.
it blew up my ears and workers and then blew up.
it went into the dumpster.
..............^^--Check out our Blog--^^
Tampa Installer of Laticrete HydroBan/HydroBan Board
......Tampa Installer of Schluter Kerdi/Kerdi-Board
..................."Tampa Waterproofed Tile Showers"
..............Porcelain - Travertine - Ceramic - Glass Tile
ceramictec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 05:57 PM   #70
tileguynky
Tile Contractor Central Ky Area

I too think the grinder should not be on a saw. I have a DeWalt. I will have owned this saw for 7 years come May. It has kicked ass and cut everything I have put on its tray. Plus a whole lots of stuf that never should have been on the tray; curb cap, seat top and 24x24 a few times. I have not had the bearing issue. Local shops tell me if I use the DeWalt blade I will be ok. I have ran everything except the DeWalt blade, with great results.. I have packed it into every house I have tiled and usually set it up I the bathroom with me. A sheet of plastic on the floor and a piece about 30" wide on the wall that goes down to the floor. I do need to replace the rubber flap on the back of the saw. One of those items that never should have been cut. If it dies tomorrow, I will replace it with another DeWalt. I feel like I got my money's worth and then some a few times.
tileguynky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #71
MNTileGuy
Central Texas Tile Guy

If it's a piece of crap, I'll be the first to come back here and admit ya'll told me so. Otherwise,
Unread 05-03-2012, 07:32 PM   #72
tilelayer
South East PA Tile Contractor

I use a blue target

***New Here?? Click here to add your name to your signature***

Check out my Blog and see my latest tiling projects!

Specializing in Kerdi Showers
tilelayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #73
jondon
Hershey Pennsylvania Tile Contractor

Send a message via AIM to jondon
Checked out the Husqvarna TS-60 at Coverings, Andy showed me the saw. I like it would like to try it out. How does that water feature work for anyone who has taken one for a test run?

Jon Donmoyer

JD Tile

CTEF Certified Installer #825

Custom Tile Installation in Hershey & surrounding areas

Serving Dauphin, Lebanon, Berks, Chester, & Montgomery Counties PA
jondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #74
Hammy

Send a message via AIM to Hammy
Jon, I was impressed with the proto type I tried out. And they have really improved it.

Hammy

Professionally Built Mold - Mildew - Moisture Resistant Showers
Using Laticrete & Schluter Products

Click here to Visit us on Face Book
Hammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #75
Sprung831
Tile Tool Guy

Jon, if you check out this thread, you will find a lot more info on the saw. I purchased one a couple weeks ago, and I think it is great. Of all the saws available to me, this was the one I chose. The water containment system is one the main reasons I bought it. There is hardly any water left on the top of the tile after the cut, so less towels needed, and there is no water running off the large format tile onto the floor.

Also, the fact that is is lighter than my Raimondi saw by a long shot, and has wheels on the back for easy transport. Out of the box, it was almost 100% square. It was off about 1/16 on a 24" rip. I am very impressed with the saw, especially for the cost.
www.tiletools.com
Sprung831 is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase