Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 02-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
ob1kanobee

Q-SEAL So what's the skinny on this stuff ??

Anybody using this product? From what I understand, if you are, you have to be installing stone with it already 'baked' in there

http://www.q-seal.com/about-q-seal

Rule number one in life: You go with what you got, imperfections and all.
ob1kanobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-19-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
BriGuy

Hi,

I just bought some travertine from my local tile shop. They just got the machine to do the "Q-Sealing" recently. They claim that you can use any cleaner on the trav. Anyway, the sales pitch was good (red wine beading up, etc..) so I decided to add it onto my order. I haven't installed the stone yet, but I've got a few samples that I am going to stress-test.

I saw the demo boards at the shop, and the tile that comes from Questech is factory q-sealed, but certain shops buy or lease the equipment to add q-sealing to almost any stone tile. In my case, tile with the shop-added q-sealing was about 25% less than a similar tile from Questech.

I think it cost about $3 or $4 a sq ft to add it. This was a small shower, so it didn't add too much.

I'll report back with some results of my testing -

Brian

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase