Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box

Sponsors

Unread 11-17-2022, 06:34 PM   #1
Lazarus
Texas Tile Contractor

I Really Don't Know Where To Start....

I don't really know where to start this. I was just watching footage from New York stores...many just drug stores. Places like Target have experienced so much theft that they are closing down many stores. Those that aren't are reduced to locking up items like toothpaste and shampoo to prevent theft. I see videos of these miscreants hauling out big screen tv's. There is no one to stop them. They are advised that they can't as the store might be sued. Purses, jewelry and high ticket items are typically grabbed by hoards of people and no one is there to stop them. We are helpless and then they sell these items on Ebay or Amazon. The stores go out of business...

Add to that that many cities now let them go (even if they are caught) with no bail!

What do we do? Well, here's what I would do...with stores with double doors, we need to have someone watching that would lock the outer doors that have breakproof glass and tasers mounted along the walls to incapacitate these thieves. Handcuff them, beat the shit out of them and let them leave with the advice that if they EVER come back...it will be far worse. I would say to wait for the cops....but that doesn't seem to matter. Let them know that they aren't welcome. Word will spread......

As an adjunct.....It occurred to me that we can't shoot them....beating them senseless, while gratifying and satisfying...could bring a lawsuit. I think that while detained, a nice pink, epoxy spray paint on the face and hands (don't forget those stolen Nike shoes) would brand them for quite some time and alert the stores NOT to admit them......

Last edited by Lazarus; 11-18-2022 at 02:11 PM. Reason: added thoughts.
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 11-21-2022, 06:32 PM   #2
navyson
Tile Setter

Work on getting rid of the worthless DA's promoting those policies. Sadly, San Antonio re-elected one of those type DA's. Majority democrat city.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase