Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 09-08-2004, 08:20 AM   #1
walterl871

Shower renovation

Greetings:

I finished ripping out the old cultured marble walls and teeny tile floor in my shower, along with old mildewed cement I though was some other material it was so black after 20 years of being constantly wet. I was carefully chipping out the rest of the old floor when the drain "moved". I pulled it out of the pipe, it was setting loose in the 2" pvc drain pipe cut even with the slab. Now what do I do??

I was thinking I need to attach an extender pipe so I can do the pre-slope. Also I see 2x4s lefft in the slab. I'm lucky termites have not eaten this wood which has been wet for 20 years.

I'll have wall questions next. I have finsished the rough plumbing with cpvc and am using a Grohe valve/fixtures. I will Kerdi and ordered a Kerdi drain.

Walter

P.S. Can we get a spell-checker here?? My typing is terrible
walterl871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-08-2004, 01:31 PM   #2
Mike2

Hi Walter. Glad to have you with us.

It's easy to add a coupling and extend that PVC drain pipe, so no sweat there. Given everything else you've found, might be a good idea to dig a little deeper to make sure there is a trap down there. Now is also a good time to try your best to line the drain up such that it falls in the center of the new shower floor which makes things easier down the road.
Mike2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase