Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 03-20-2021, 08:49 AM   #76
cx
Moderator emeritus

Previous question was purely aesthetic, Pete. Did you ask it of Mrs. Pete? Only other opinion that really counts.

Not sure what you're asking about your inside corner.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2021, 02:29 PM   #77
ss3964spd

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd
I'm afraid I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to manage there, Pete...
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2021, 09:30 PM   #78
CommanderCut
1st Time DIY'er

I apologize for the vague question. I will try to clear up what I am asking:

I'm not sure how to finish tiling up to the edge of this near corner on the plumbing wall (not the "inside corner" like I said before - my bad).

Name:  schluter profile question 3.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  48.5 KB

Thoughts I am having are "Do I tile right up to it? Do I need to go up to it and around it? I wasn't planning on tiling the perpendicular wall originally. What do the pros do to hide that tile edge if the tile ends going up to a corner like this?"

My wife has purchased Schluter Profile called Quadec, but when I search for images on how that is supposed to look, I shows that it is used as a corner where it is protruding out from the wall slightly with tile continuing onto the other/perpindicular wall behind the profile, making for a very nice corner.

Name:  QUADEC_1.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  21.2 KB
like in this image

I initially thought I was supposed to use it just end the tile there and hide the unfinished tile edge which faces out into the bathroom. But the pictures I can find on the internet do not have it used in this manner.

So the equivalent of the above cross section on mine would look something like this:
Name:  schluter profile question 4.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  48.5 KB

So my question should have read "I have no idea how to finish this corner. I don't think this is how it is intended to be used. Am I even in the ballpark for tiling up to this corner?"

I am just kinda lost when it comes to tiling up to this corner.
Unread 03-21-2021, 04:44 AM   #79
Gozo

Yep, Quadec can be used exactly as you’re proposing. I’ve used Rondec (rounded version of the same stuff) just like that. Makes for a nice edge.
It may be just the angle or temporary nature of the way you show it in the picture, but it looks to be even with the wall at the floor level and then shows an increasing space from the adjoining wall as you go up. If the wall or tile are not plumb it’s REALLY going to be noticeable in that application.
Unread 03-21-2021, 05:55 AM   #80
pls

If it helps in post 23 of my hall bath thread are some pictures of a Jolly profile I used on an outside corner
https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin...=128600&page=2
Unread 03-21-2021, 10:03 AM   #81
CommanderCut
1st Time DIY'er

Phil and Jeff,

Thank you for your answers, very helpful. I will post an update when its all finished. Little bits at a time.

Thanks again!

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase