Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 01-02-2019, 06:00 PM   #1
BelkTile

RetroFit Drain by QuickDrain USA

Question, has anyone used this Retrofit Drain or any of the drains by this company, QuickDrain USA? I had a sales rep stop by today and talk with me about it and it seems really interesting, but wanted to see if anyone has ever installed it?

https://www.belktile.com
BelkTile is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-02-2019, 06:27 PM   #2
cx
Moderator emeritus

How 'bout a link to the product in question, Mike, so we're all on the same page.

Typing quickdrain into the Advanced Search feature will provide a few threads, but I can't tell for sure which of their products you're looking at.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2019, 06:36 PM   #3
BelkTile

http://www.quickdrainusa.com/products/retrofit-drain/

https://www.belktile.com
BelkTile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2019, 12:05 PM   #4
Craigmack

retrofit drain

Mike,
the retrofit drain is designed for primarly for use where you cannot cut into your subfloor.it is commonly used on post tension slab floors. The only penetration thru the subfloor is the waste outlet. I have also installed it at the back wall of a curbless shower. I used thin structural panels to replace the 3/4 inch plywood with the 3/8 thick panels then used 1/2 inch underlayment on the bath floor to give me a 7/8 recess and made the slope with motar. the retro can be installed with liquid waterproof membrane or topical sheet. the retro drain is shallow and a bit wider than Quickdrainusa's other linear drains. with it being shallow and the trough is still sloped this drain it is very important to install flat and level. With all linear drains a flat level installation will insure the drain works most effective. I have installed several of these drains and they work very well. I am the guy at Quickdrainusa/Oatey that teaches how our drains are installed and if you have any questions about our drains feel free to call my direct line is 720-483-2033.

Technical support Quickdrainusa
Craigmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase