Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Professionals' Hangout

Sponsors

Unread 03-04-2022, 11:26 AM   #16
Dave Gobis
da Man!

We would differ there Dave. I always quoted by the square foot. When I did a job I knew what hourly (all mine were) installer was going to be used and what his average production rate was. We tracked (every Feb only) and adjusted our prices once a year. I never reached a point where I was 100% profitable on every job but each year the percentage grew. Myself, I found the overall profit to be much greater than doing than hourly. For our company hourly work was just filler if we didn't have footage bid work. There were times when we would get lucky and make thousands a day. It takes a skill set to do footage biding but I found the profit to be much greater.
Dave Gobis is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase