Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 05-06-2021, 01:05 PM   #1
ThomasD27

Basement Tile Install - Stains? Scratches?

Just had my basement floor tiled after a flood (owned the home for 8 months). First time home owner/complete novice. I think I'm generally happy with the overall work ethic and result. Lippage is minimum, grouting could use some work but my main concern is they literally just finished today and its seems like the tiles are stained or scratched? Is there something that could be done for this? Tile is from Lowe's della torre woods french gray collection.

Servicemaster was/is the contractor. Decided to come out of pocket and tile basement instead of putting carpet back. Wasnt too thrilled with the initial estimate of 4k for around 600sq ft of tile (Central NJ area).

Is this a tile defect and not something the contractor is responsible for? Only certain sections have the stains/marks.

If this is on the contractor how do I go about getting this issue addressed? I have around 60sq ft of tile remaining that was not used.

Thank you

-Thomas
Attached Images

ThomasD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 05-06-2021, 03:04 PM   #2
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
Hi Thomas,

The contractor is responsible either way. You expect a clean workmanlike job. Have you called the contractor?
John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2021, 03:41 PM   #3
ThomasD27

Hey John,

I pointed it out to the service installer and he said he tried to scrub it but couldn't do anything and that maybe the cleanup/repack team can do something. I will speak with the project manager next and show him the pics and see if this can be resolved. Thank you for the response.
Unread 05-07-2021, 07:27 AM   #4
RichVT
Vermont Remodeling Contractor

Those look like scuff marks from someone dragging the toe of their boots across the tile while working.
Unread 05-07-2021, 10:23 PM   #5
smifwal

try a magic eraser

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase