Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Professionals' Hangout

Sponsors

Unread 09-05-2022, 06:42 PM   #1
Brians Integrity

Schluter edging

I'm just wondering what the charge to install Schluter edging should be. I'm not relatively new to tiling but writing an estimate to tear out tile in a shower & start new. I really don't think prices should be secret because your quality should speak for you. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Unread 09-05-2022, 08:08 PM   #2
cx
Moderator emeritus

Brian, that's the kind of question we usually deal with in the Professionals' Hangout, so I'll move you there. It'd be helpful if you'd put some information into your User Profile so folks can see what it is you do, where you do it, and that sort of thing.

But mostly the response is likely to be along the lines of just figuring how long it will likely to take you to install the profile in question in the particular application you have and how much you want to charge per hour for your services. Without knowing your experience level, your geographic location, your general client base, your overhead and lifestyle, I wouldn't even try to guess what you might need/want to charge.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2022, 09:48 PM   #3
Brians Integrity

Schluter edging

In response to Cx:
TBH, i wasnt sure this was still an active forum due to the fact that all the posts were over 7 years old when i joined. I never filled out my profile, but ill go to do that now.
Unread 09-05-2022, 10:06 PM   #4
Tool Guy - Kg
Moderator -- Wisconsin Kitchen & Bath Remodeler

Hi Brian. What part of the forum looks like it hasn’t been posted to in 7 years?

Maybe you’re talking about this thread you posted to back in March (post #72)? If so, that’s merely an old thread of people who publicly were talking about joining the private forum. The vast majority of folks who have joined the private forum have done by privately clicking the link in the first post on the first page without commenting publicly.

As far as your profile install: if this is your first time, I’d guess you’re probably going to be fussing around with it for at least an hour. Although, I’ve seen installs where it was obvious that less than 3 minutes total was devoted to it and it didn’t look professional.

Help an awesome summer camp!
Tool Guy - Kg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2022, 10:19 PM   #5
Brians Integrity

Schluter edging

Not my first time, but making sure im not underpricing myself. I know its relatively easy, although ive got a shower im bidding on that has an angled roof running from 8' to 9' over 5' span.
Ive tiled mainly backsplashes and have used Schluter edging before. Ive only tiled my shower 20 years ago and have since realized the mistakes ive made & am ready to rip it all out & do it over.
I just want to know how to competitively price, not price gouge & not unlegal citizen price it also.
Also, how do I reply directly to the original post rather than starting a new post? Each reply requires a new title. Ill figure it out eventually.
Thanks for all the help.
Unread 09-06-2022, 08:57 AM   #6
cx
Moderator emeritus

Brian, you don't need to have a title to make a reply post to any thread. Just post your reply or question.

When you start your shower, start a new project thread for it in the Advice forum.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2022, 03:56 AM   #7
Tile & Stone Guild
King Of Tile

If it’s a jolly edge doing the curb and outside edge floor to ceiling I don’t charge extra. Niches and going around the perimeter I do and it depends on the profile how much. Double niche is $100 extra on top of the niche up charge, perimeter work $20 a stick.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase