Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Professionals' Hangout

Sponsors

Unread 01-31-2021, 07:01 AM   #1
jondon
Hershey Pennsylvania Tile Contractor

Send a message via AIM to jondon
the new DeWalt 36" Wet Saw

Anyone have the new 36000 yet, DeWalt Wet saw for ripping up to 36"

https://www.contractorsdirect.com/de...caAvzLEALw_wcB

Looking for feedback, once I recover from my injury this is the saw I am planning on getting to use along with my IQ.

Jon Donmoyer

JD Tile

CTEF Certified Installer #825

Custom Tile Installation in Hershey & surrounding areas

Serving Dauphin, Lebanon, Berks, Chester, & Montgomery Counties PA
jondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-31-2021, 08:12 AM   #2
Tile & Stone Guild
King Of Tile

Look at the Husqvarnas, belt driven and no screaming motor. It does everything the DeWalt will do. Had a TS70 for a year and I’m happy with it. Minor complaints but always room to pick anything.

Get the stand with wheels, it weighs 150# with the stand and the stand isn’t light. I can load and unload off my truck by myself .
Unread 01-31-2021, 10:32 AM   #3
speed51133

Yes, one of the users here has one. Been waiting for his review. A fellow in washington state.
Unread 02-01-2021, 05:21 AM   #4
jondon

posted by Jeff:
Quote:
Look at the Husqvarnas, belt driven and no screaming motor. It does everything the DeWalt will do.
Thanks Jeff, I will check it out before I make a decision on a new saw once I am back to tile after I fully recover.

Jon Donmoyer

JD Tile

Unread 02-01-2021, 07:15 AM   #5
tilemanct
Tile & Stone

I have the 3600. Its been a great addition to my saw collection. Husky's are great saws. Its their portability that is tough. Very heavy. Great for large jobs where you set up once. Do love the quiet of a belt drive motor. Still have my first MK 101 with a Baldor motor. Its over 30 years old and just as accurate as the day I bought it. Also very very heavy. I cant believe how I managed to get that saw to third floor jobs. Ah youth.
The 3600 is a bigger version of the 2400. Bit more powerful motor with a slight reduction in noise. (not much) Bigger table. The ability to break it down and carry to 2nd and 3rd floor is why I bought it. I have the Larger Ramondi Zippers rail saws for large stuff and jobs where you set up once. Its a beast to move. Forget 2nd floors with that saw!
Everyone lately wants 2' x 2' floor tile in their bathrooms. The 3600 cuts them comfortably. I'm happy with the saw.
Also water management is exceptional. 4 water trays with a backstop tray.

CTEF Certified Installer
I lost my hero on 5-21-16 You will be missed. Semper Fi
tilemanct is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2021, 09:05 AM   #6
jondon

Thanks Dave for your input. I agree the heavier saws can be a burden to carry to second floors even third. Most of the time I am on the second floor in a bathroom it seems. What most installers liked about the DeWalt when it came along was the weight or lack of. I have a Raimondi Gladiator but no use for it anymore.

the IQ is very heavy but it's great for cutting porcelain and it has wheels.

With my arm I want to be careful from here on out. Lighter is better, having someone to help you carry it to the second floor win-win.

Jon Donmoyer

JD Tile

Unread 02-01-2021, 09:47 AM   #7
Tile & Stone Guild
King Of Tile

The Husky is definitely heavy. The rolling stand is 40lbs and I wouldn’t buy the saw without it. It would be way to awkward by yourself. I can unload and load onto my F350 by myself. It’s not bad once I figured it out. If you need to get it to the 2nd floor you won’t do it alone.

I like the slide out handles for carrying and the 5 gallon tank with a weir molded inside. I like the DeWalt design but the motor kills it for me. I’m a glutton though

Hope for Speedy recovery
Unread 02-02-2021, 10:32 AM   #8
tilemanct
Tile & Stone

I agree on the DeWalt motor. They are loud. Do love the the way they come apart for transport and set up.
I still use my Zipper as I have a designer and architect that seem to love 3/4" materials. Lots of marble and their newly discovered 3/4" porcelain tiles.

CTEF Certified Installer
I lost my hero on 5-21-16 You will be missed. Semper Fi
tilemanct is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2021, 09:59 PM   #9
irish tileguy in michigan
Tile Contractor -- S.E. Michigan

Saw this saw at a local distributor today, asked about it. $1250.00 out the door, saw, trays and stand.
Seems high ?

Laticrete Hydroban & Schluter Kerdi shower installs
Custom installation of Tile and stone
irish tileguy in michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2021, 04:25 AM   #10
CaliGrown

Must be retail or regional, our local shops in the Central Valley, CA have it for $1050 out the four with the stand amd choice of drill, radio or multi-tool. $200 difference to the 24000.

Last edited by CaliGrown; 02-03-2021 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Add’n..
CaliGrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2021, 04:48 AM   #11
jondon

Steve they have it on Contractor's Direct right now for about the same price so that's actually comparable. I know at my distributor it would be 1k for a normal DeWalt when I could always get it online for 750.00

My feeling with this saw is if they were to ask 1500.00 no one would buy it, they would say they can get the other one for almost half. What it really does is show you that online when you think you are getting a great deal they are still making a good dime on you the reason you shop around just like our potential customers do.

I know some say they are using a lot of 24X24's so I could see the need. Personally I am using mostly 12X24s and I don't need the extra weight to carry around so I think I will be passing for now. In the instance where I needed to rip 2'X4'ers for the shower I just rented a bridge saw for a day for my rips at the ceiling. Doing tile has become big business for selling equipment like saws, blades, tuning systems, etc.

Having messes with Laminam and the larger format tiles like the 2X4s I can see in the commercial realm where you have lots of hands. For residential these types of tiles from what I have seen only cause more challenge and problems. The normal customer philosophy is "larger tiles so it's easier and takes less time" how many have gotten that from a customer.

I agree about saws with the noise as well some are louder when you are young it doesn't seem to bother as much. Once your ears start to have signs of damage it is a major factor. My IQ is very loud but I have my ear protection on.

Jon Donmoyer

JD Tile

Unread 02-03-2021, 05:38 AM   #12
CaliGrown

I like the way the saw motor housing has a notch to allow for a 18" cut-off from center of blade to inside edge of housing frame. I have used my 24000 heavily for just under three years, its been used and abused with tile, stonework (quartzite flagstone, veneers, pool coping and other non-tile BS). I have a plywood base for mosaics and oversize tile rips (i.e. When I wanna cut of 11" the long end of a 24" by 48" tile and don't want the hassle of the grinder dust and polishing cut-edges, or when I'm ripping wood plank shit stuff..)

Now, with that in mind I love my oversize IMER bridge saw, has a 65" capacity with the plunge and the whole rail pivots for any degree angle bevel cuts. The water management isn't horrible unless you're at capacity and the sucker can handle thick material since its got a lower RPM and higher HP motor. The weight is manageable for one man (even my skin & bones @ 135# can haul her around and upstairs without banging the walls for the Drywall crew).
Only thing is that you have to weigh the convivence of capacity for the demands of the job against the set-up & breakdown time of a 1/2 hour process with access, and sometimes the site access or lack of space onsite hinders bringing it on for short term use (less than a week). Granted it'll keep up with any thing you put under the blade, I've got 12k ft of LFT porcelain on it, and 4-6k ft. of stonework on it including slabs and quartzite coping.

Long winded story, short. I'll buy the 36000 trucker when my current 24000 decides that it can't be jimmy rigged or the part replacements stop helping it or if it walks off the job in a raging fury...
CaliGrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2021, 01:23 PM   #13
Tiger Mountain Tile Inc
Registered Muser

A friend of mine has had one of these saws for several months now and he says it's the best saw out there. He's a 30+ year setter that always has 3-5 different saws in his garage.
Unread 04-18-2021, 07:21 AM   #14
jondon

I kept my word, now that my arm is healed and back at it I finally took the 36000 out of the box and just set it up. Nothing like a new DeWalt. I will give my opinion on it once I fire it up and start cutting. Definitely is a beast
Attached Images

Jon Donmoyer

JD Tile

Unread 10-17-2021, 05:05 AM   #15
jondon

thumbs up for this saw, just used it on my plank barndoor shower with 36" nice to be able to rip tile and not have it hang out over the table so much.

the tray has a handle built in for ease of removing and carrying separate which the 26000 does not because obviously it's smaller

Basically the same saw but longer table better for planks

The only down side was the water catcher extension tray in the back of the saw
my tray kept hitting it because the tray is angled for slope so nothing you can do except not utilizing it.

With the longer table a wet tent won't work they need to design a new wet tent but you would need much more space to put it all. I would suggest just putting foam board down on the floor like Hydro Ban, use your liner from the wet tent and putting a piece of foam board behind it that's how I did my plank barn door shower.

Jon Donmoyer

JD Tile

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase