Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Old 02-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
Jay TY

glass mosaic thinset

My kerdi shower kit will not be arriving until thursday so I have begun to tile the floors and walls leading up to the shower enclosure. I plan to run a border of glass mosaic tile extending from the walls and in to the shower.The thinset that I used on the floor is versabond premium white. If I have to go with unmodified in the shower, will it matter if I use the versabond behind the glass mosaic on the outer walls ? Also, the walls are textured. I have sanded them somewhat to get the extreme high spots down, will 2x12 strips of 1 inch mosaic lay alright over the slight texture ?
Old 02-01-2010, 05:23 PM   #2
tilejoe

It won't matter if you use the versabond outside the shower. It will be fine. How much texture is there. I would get it as close to flat as possible. If that isn't possible, i would bring the whole area to the same plane, maybe flash it in with some thinset.

Infinite Ceramic & Stone
www.infiniteceramic.com
NTCA Pennsylvania State Rep
CTEF Certified Installer #769
tilejoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase