Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 07-08-2006, 10:12 AM   #1
Hokiedale

Advice for Homeower with Shower Leak

Hi,

This is Michael from NC. I would like some advise as to recourse. I had a home constructed in 09/04. Within a year, there was a leak in the shower. When the orginal tile guy did the investigation, there was a nail hole in the liner which he patched and retiled over. Now there is a second leak. Different spot, but definitely coming from the shower. It has been less than two years, and I have now two leaks. Boy do I feel like the 'professional' has taken me. Come to find out he has recently moved three hundred miles away. I am trying to get in touch with him, but I expect nothing less than a response saying that we are passed the one-year waranty period. The shower floor, from which the leak is coming, is 2" x 2" ceramic tile. Is there any recourse here to make the tile person fix this.

Much thanks.
Hokiedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 07-08-2006, 10:29 AM   #2
JTG

A year has passed. Unless you had some specific language in your contract I'm going to guess that you don't/won't have any recourse with him and being as he is 300 miles away even less.
JTG

Santa Seattle
Ballard

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/SantaJerryinBallard
JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2006, 10:30 AM   #3
bbcamp

You need to ask a lawyer versed in NC laws. I'll bet, though, by the time you got recourse, you'll have paid you lawyer enough money to fix your shower.

Since your shower is only 2 years old, finding matching tile should be possible. You could remove the lower wall tiles and floor, tear out the pan and re-build it.
bbcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2006, 01:57 PM   #4
Hokiedale

Thanks for the quick replies. My shower is approx. 3' by 6' with the door on a angle. Can anyone give me a good estimate on how much it would cost to get this redone correctly ... just the labor, not the materials.

Thanks again
Hokiedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2006, 02:08 PM   #5
kevjob
Licensed Remodeling GC

for tear out and replacing pan of that size and floor tile and i row wall tile for me i would charge around 2100 for labor and materials. but thats in denver

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase