Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Professionals' Hangout

Sponsors

Unread 02-21-2007, 11:20 PM   #1
rwarn

Has anyone tried Easymat

Has anyone tried the self stick version of Easymat over plywood when installing tile and how did it turn out? I am going to be putting down 800 sq ft of porcellain tile using Flexbond and this Easymat product looks like it might be easier to install than a cement backerboard.
rwarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-22-2007, 08:58 PM   #2
Matt@Bayfront Tile

Just used the thinset version. Pretty good stuff. I have an aversion to peel and stick, to big a pain in the neck for me.
Matt@Bayfront Tile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2007, 11:01 PM   #3
JTG

Peel and stick works fine you just have to make sure you prime well and don't let the floor get dirty prior to setting mat. Don't try and do large sections of mat at a time. No more than say 10 ft. It makes it much better to get the backing off.
Do a search (see above) here with "Easymat" it has been talked about quite a bid here.
Good Luck
JTG

Santa Seattle
Ballard

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/SantaJerryinBallard
JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2007, 11:26 PM   #4
bgronski

I have been using since last summer. I will never apply a CBU again! I have used it on plywood floors and just recently on a counter top. It is a huge time saver!! It will save you a day of labor in installing CBU or pouring.

I did run into a small problem, in that I had a splice in my roll. Luckily I was doing a small bathroom and had enough of the roll left to cover it. Sounds like this might be a small issue with the product. I returned the piece to my supplier and it was not the first they had seen. Still waiting for comensation from the rep, but haven't heard anything in over a month.

I have read posts here, that when you get to the end of the roll that the easymat can be a real pain because it has a memory and wants to remain rolled up. My experience has not been that bad. It is a pain a the end of the roll but it is worth the time saved!

Brian Gronski
Taconite Tile & Home imp. Inc.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase