Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 10-29-2020, 12:41 PM   #16
SkeptiDC

Yes looking back at what he said (over text), he said the liner was folded back over a bit. So I assume that means he didn't cut it flush to the top of the curb as in the video, but left a little to fold back. There's no rough curb yes, so that extra material is likely just folded back and embedded in the mud.

But now that I think more about this product, the main difference from a wood/lath/mud curb is that the liner is actually pushed back to the center of the curb, rather than on the inside face of it. This means that once glass is installed on top, that theoretically is in line with the liner material. In my mind that helps a little, as water running down the glass or hitting the top of the curb would still be inside the shower pan side of the liner. I am using a solid curb top made of marble, so I assume that makes any water coming through the top less likely?

I know this all sounds like rationalization, but I'm in a tricky spot needing to finish this remodel asap before renting out the home.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
Unread 10-29-2020, 01:54 PM   #17
cx
Moderator emeritus

Which way did he "fold" it?

Apparently you're planning to go forward with this construction. Please come back in a few years and tell us how it all worked out. Or when you have some sort of failure. Whichever comes first, eh?

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is online now   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase