Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box

Sponsors

Unread 09-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #121
barradas23
Tile Magician

i took my truck (09 gmc sierra) to the dealership for some fixin'. then went to check on my guys doing some bathroom floors (im not working right now cuz of a knee injury thanks to soccer).... then came home to look at some plans and put together a bid.... now on ebay and craigslist lookin for stuff i dont need...lol
innovating tile installation in austin tx....me vs fiberglass pans war
barradas23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #122
nelsonkoehn
showers & more

Spent the last two days in Bastrop, Tx doing some volunteer cleanup after the wildfire a month ago. Looked like a soot monkey.

Used skid steers to clean off slab foundations. Houses burnt so hot that the whole thing was only about 8 inches thick of debris. Only the sheetrock and metals left.

Dropping 120 ft pine trees so they can rebuild or whatever they are going to do. Man, that makes a thud when it hits the ground.

Keep these people in your mind. They've lost a lot. Could be you or I in one way or another.

Now off to bed to get some rest

tile.nkoehn.com
nelsonkoehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 10:24 PM   #123
CarpenterLearningTile

Spent six hours today ,cutting out existing 60 year old tile down to the mud ,on both sides of a shower jamb. Tile inside bath dry area adjoining the cut out tile was original, with rounded over outside corners. Breaking an existing adjoining tile was not an option . If I had broken one of those originals when cutting the jamb tile , my name would be mud.
Grinder ,4" diamond dry tile blade , 1/4" drill bit for the six corners not reachable by the grinder.
Felt like a fourteen hour day .
Not as exhausting as the time I had to cut nine 3 1/2 inch holes in a brand new looking, ninety year old white marble floor .

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase