Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Old 07-01-2009, 11:18 PM   #1
moytoy12

Thinset for Glass Sheet Mosaic

Hi all, I am getting ready to install 12" x 12" glass mosaic sheets (1" x 1" glass tile with a mesh backing) and I have so far purchased two different types of thinset.

The first is TEC FullFlex Latex Modified Thinset (white) and the second is Prolite's Tile & Stone mortar (white). I bought the prolite from a tile store and the guy said the Prolite stuff would work for my glass mosaics. Then I read about latex modified thinset's being best for glass mosaics and purchased the TEC product.

Any thoughts on which product would be better for the glass mosaics i'm about to put up? A call is going in to the tile manufacturer tomorrow to get their thoughts as well, just thought I'd try to get some feedback here.
moytoy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2009, 11:21 PM   #2
java
Hugging Trees Oct. 1st

Quote:
A call is going in to the tile manufacturer tomorrow to get their thoughts ....
That's what I would do.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase